• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

finding key accessory power 69 charger rt/se

Nathan Barry

Local time
10:04 PM
Reaction score
hey guys , i recently purchased 3 inch electric exhaust cut outs for my charger. they need a 12 V power source and i want to make it look clean so i dont want to run wires from the battery . i want to use key power from the fuse panel . some direction on how to find a proper power source would be greatly appreciated. i can get pictures of my fuse panel if needed

use a test light on the back of your fuse box to find one. Thats how my tack is powered.

I had auxiliary spade on my heater motor fuse holder on my 72. If u look on the back of the fuse box you might get lucky. But definitely use a test light to tell. Heater, radio, turn signals all should be key 12. Only work when the key is on.

3rd gens got a fused ACC provision on harness, and also couple of spade terminals embossed into tHe fuse box, one from BATT buss bar and another for ACC buss bar, non fused, but earliers just get terminals straight at fuse box bar provisions. When requiring more will need to use splitting terminals to be inserted in a same row.

Either something like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS05GZQZoRYQj2Vt4iySiJ7FBFRlhVV5A_gcQ&usqp=CAU.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSr4-lBPVTm2Mc03t5zSdBQqEiNdYw94e7D5g&usqp=CAU.jpg

Or what MaMopar made on acc harness pigtails for stack on accesories sources straight to the buss bar provisions, using these piggy back terminals.

prod_large.jpg

Some of them visible here

M0RXKCfkT6ps5pDdCM9k4_DE5xaZarVhA9t0Jf6d7FVQ9Ou2Q-JDKdhX4GDt7gqJyIRhQWXdVxssxzN89kuKXRhX_PfnCp1o.jpg

FYI, buss bar with red wire is BATT and Black wire is ACC

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back