• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FK5 Trial run. Whats the verdict?

FK5 update.
I can almost smell the base coat! lol Thursday is the day!

SOON very SOON.JPG

Unexpected problem we only seen last Saturday. We can not mount the engine bonnet for final paint.

No Close 2.JPG No Close.JPG

Rotisserie kind of in the way. Not changing anything now. We will work around it.
He looks to be proud of himself. Great old school body man with new school technology. Old school work ethics. Note up above I said "Saturday" Well deserved smile!.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Allan.
Don't get me wrong. Lots to do after it's all one color. I hope a year after it lands home will be enough time to "snap it" together?? I haven't ordered cross border parts since the covid crap began.

I hear you there Jerry. Like I said it's really starting to grow on me.

No I lucked out. White interior with buckets and console. Power windows to boot. I think white would work with any color. No??
I think the Burnt Orange and White interior would look fantastic. I've always like Burnt Orange and am thinking of going that route myself when I get enough saved up for paint.

Drop dead good looking job all over. I have 5 year's in this car and hope to finish it this year. Looking grate buddy.

First stage of polish sort of done.?? Roger asked me to bring a couple of wheels over to see what she would look like. I had to draw the line at the wheels. lol He wanted me to bring the wheel well trim and rocker trim just for kicks. lol But I'm glad he is as excited as I am. Like I said earlier, we have stuck up a great relationship.

Tire size?? Yay or Nay??

Soon!.JPG Soon 2.JPG Soon 3.JPG Soon 4.JPG Soon 5.JPG

Last edited:
It's just a mirage. lol
Thanks guys!

I hope I can do my part when she comes home. Took the hood home tonight. Had to trailer it home. All tucked in with blankets and pillows. lol

safe and sound.jpg short ride.jpg

I think the Burnt Orange and White interior would look fantastic. I've always like Burnt Orange and am thinking of going that route myself when I get enough saved up for paint.

I hear you on the "saved up for paint" statement Ed. I bought this babe in 2003. Life came and went. Had to keep my priorities straight. Kids out, house paid for= time to live a little.

Been over a year since she was painted! Finally got her out of paint shop jail. Crawled home the other day. 25 mile drive at around 30 mph. I was not in a rush. Stopped four times on the way home to make sure nothing was moving. Safe and sound. Stanton makes a great rotisserie! I had used some tape in a few spots to mark to see if she was moving any on the trip home. Every placed I stopped to check for movement or the straps getting lose was at a friends houses along the way just incase I needed a hand or something. Anyway about 45 minutes later home in the yard! After supper my son and a few of his buddies came over and we unloaded it. Now she is back to her old resting spot.
Glad to have her home. Now it's mine turn to reassemble. Going to take me some time. I'm shooting for spring of 2023. If funds allow.

finally home 2.JPG finally home.JPG

Looks awesome. I have always hauled any of my cars on Rottisserie upside down so they were not so top heavy and scarey driving down the roads.

I mentioned that to my body man, but he wanted nothing to do with it that way. I had the rotisserie strapped down criss cross front to back. Then I had the car supports also strapped from side to side so that there was no movement side to side or no rocking motion. Just took my time. Slowed right down on any rough spots and babied her home.
And yes, glad I made it home without any problems.

Auto Transport Service
Back