• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Florence, Are you ready?

T2R9

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:34 PM
Reaction score
Southeast members get ready this could be a big hit. I have my cot and sleeping bag ready as I will be at work for the event.

Prepare and be safe!

Prayin' for you folks. Stay safe during and be prepared for the possible aftermath

Help is coming for power restoration,
Plans in the works.......

• 65+ Distribution Bucket Trucks
  • 25+ Line Trucks (Digger/Derricks)
  • 5 Pole rigs
  • 15 or so support vehicles
  • 145+ Lineman & others
  • 1 Grumpy old Mopar guy
Heading for NC by Wed/Thu??
Sorry for you folks that are in the way, be safe and make it through the storm.

Getting close to 6” from remnants of Gordon; stay safe.

I am leaving out for Buffalo, NY in the morning. Did the best we could to prepare my wife for the storm. We're hoping it doesn't hit Greensboro that hard since we are 3 hours inland. Wait and see now.

I am leaving out for Buffalo, NY in the morning. Did the best we could to prepare my wife for the storm. We're hoping it doesn't hit Greensboro that hard since we are 3 hours inland. Wait and see now.
Good timing, miss remnants of Gordon & Florence. Well kinda, you’ll probably hit some of Florence going back.

Help is coming for power restoration,
Plans in the works.......

• 65+ Distribution Bucket Trucks
  • 25+ Line Trucks (Digger/Derricks)
  • 5 Pole rigs
  • 15 or so support vehicles
  • 145+ Lineman & others
  • 1 Grumpy old Mopar guy
Heading for NC by Wed/Thu??
Sorry for you folks that are in the way, be safe and make it through the storm.
Did they tell you where you guys are going to bunk down for the storm?

TBD, most likely inland in NC to start
Fayetteville??
Let me know if your able, I live just outside Fayetteville city limits, if you need something send me a PM, I will see what I can do while you are here.

Edit: I work the I-95 corridor from the South Carolina line to the 101.0 mile. So I'm not sure where I will be just yet, waiting on Florence to make that call. For the beginning, coastal evacuations (if they happen here) I will be on I-95. After its all said and done, who knows, where ever the damage is and people are stranded.

Last edited:
Two more hurricanes behind this one, and this one's cat 4. People better take this one seriously.

Stay dry & safe guys
I hope it doesn't do too much damage

Mother Nature is a 'real bitch' at times

I saw it was a cat 3 last night

Let me know if your able, I live just outside Fayetteville city limits, if you need something send me a PM, I will see what I can do while you are here.

Edit: I work the I-95 corridor from the South Carolina line to the 101.0 mile. So I'm not sure where I will be just yet, waiting on Florence to make that call. For the beginning, coastal evacuations (if they happen here) I will be on I-95. After its all said and done, who knows, where ever the damage is and people are stranded.
Thanks Mr. Plague, I will see if I can " break away". Right now we're on hold so plans will probably change- always do.
Our company also enforces a "social media" blackout concerning major events such as this. We can still post stuff, but nothing company, or hosting utility related.
My Brother in law is a past president in the Veterans MC out of Fayeteville, and promised 1 call, and ANYTHING we need will be on the way. (Been to the clubhouse, quite the place! :rolleyes:)

You guys stay safe , she looks to be a beiiitch!!!! @conv67bdere

Tough to determine at this point. LOTS of things going on with this Hurricane that has never been seen in the past.
- - in less than 24 hours it went from a Category 2 to a Category 4 . . . ( that's not good )
- - it's was also wavering from a tropical depression, to a storm, to a hurricane, then back to a storm . . .
- - farthest north a hurricane has ever been . . .
- - Charlotte is being predicted as 5-6" of rain
- - Raleigh is being predicted as 12-18" of rain

Landfall is not predicted until Thursday afternoon = or Thursday evening . . . will depend on which direction the storm tracks . . .

If the eye of the storm stays "north" of me, then we'll be on ( what they call ) the weak side of the storm ( is spins counter-clockwise )

Could be very interesting . . .

Two more hurricanes behind this one, and this one's cat 4. People better take this one seriously.

Yeah - not looking forward to Florence . . . let alone (2) more following in it's path . . . ( sigh )

Auto Transport Service
Back