• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, (in a fantasy world), I'll have my car finished, run it across the MCACN block with a healthy reserve number on it, some rich dude buys it, then I could do another one.,ha.., a Dayclona.

Justin,

Here is your target/goal for MCACN. Knowing how you have your car done, you should be a shoe in. I too look forward to meeting you in person.

D

2016 MCACN Trophies.jpg

Maybe, (in a fantasy world), I'll have my car finished, run it across the MCACN block with a healthy reserve number on it, some rich dude buys it, then I could do another one.,ha.., a Dayclona.
R U thinking of MECUM?

MCACN is an Indoor car show....Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals....

I had not heard of it either so don't feel bad.
You guys are killing me...I was joking, mainly because we talked about it awhile back...

It was just an inside joke poking humor....is all:poke:

Justin,

Here is your target/goal for MCACN. Knowing how you have your car done, you should be a shoe in. I too look forward to meeting you in person.

D

View attachment 567004
Darrin

I do appreciate your optimism! With some of those super nice parts of yours, I better, lol....In reality, no matter what I come home with from the show. Just the mere fact of my pops car being there for all to enjoy will overshadow anything else. Along with that to share this and meet many friends and members here. For me this is going to be epic...Another story in relation to this car to relay to my pops in the New World....

You know they say Love conquers all.....Love built this car and this cars restoration was conquered like the bombing of Berlin. It stood ZERO chance.....

You have helped me with many things with this restoration. I have said this many times throughout this thread and for good reason. Your knowledge, assistance and parts are second to none....

I will be happy to say this in person and also looking forward to meet you there!

Justin

Darrin

I do appreciate your optimism! With some of those super nice parts of yours, I better, lol....In reality, no matter what I come home with from the show. Just the mere fact of my pops car being there for all to enjoy will overshadow anything else. Along with that to share this and meet many friends and members here. For me this is going to be epic...Another story in relation to this car to relay to my pops in the New World....

You know they say Love conquers all.....Love built this car and this cars restoration was conquered like the bombing of Berlin. It stood ZERO chance.....

You have helped me with many things with this restoration. I have said this many times throughout this thread and for good reason. Your knowledge, assistance and parts are second to none....

I will be happy to say this in person and also looking forward to meet you there!

Justin

Have you made any kind of a memorial plaque or the like to have with the car?

Have you made any kind of a memorial plaque or the like to have with the car?
Now this is someone thinking out the box, I like that Kidd!

It will be in the works soon.....My friend Chaz has a link to someone whom is talented at doing these. About 2 years ago I asked him about this, so I hope he doesn't have amnesia, lol....

Do you have any ideas for a layout? I do like to hear peoples opinions on these....I have seen too many that were done poorly versus tastefully....

Justin

Now this is someone thinking out the box, I like that Kidd!

It will be in the works soon.....My friend Chaz has a link to someone whom is talented at doing these. About 2 years ago I asked him about this, so I hope he doesn't have amnesia, lol....

Do you have any ideas for a layout? I do like to hear peoples opinions on these....I have seen too many that were done poorly versus tastefully....

Justin

I'm not an artist by any stretch. That's what it would take to do something nice. Maybe a brass plaque on a piece of wood, just large enough to display with the car and you could display it in the house also. Maybe an engraving in the brass of the car with a picture of your dad's face overlapping. And of course a dedication written. You get the right artist and it could turn out pretty cool.

I'm not an artist by any stretch. That's what it would take to do something nice. Maybe a brass plaque on a piece of wood, just large enough to display with the car and you could display it in the house also. Maybe an engraving in the brass of the car with a picture of your dad's face overlapping. And of course a dedication written. You get the right artist and it could turn out pretty cool.

Maybe Jimmy (Bladecutter) can come up with something. His work is outstanding.

I'm glad Tim asked because I didn't want to admit that I didn't know what MCACN was either. I was just going to look it up to see it I could figure it out. I would love to go but it may be a few years before this Western kid could afford to go that far, right Threewood?

That's why I think a route 66 cruise would be cool! Could meet a lot of members along the way!

Showard I didn't realize Corvettes were muscle cars :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back