• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo, well done.
Truly an inspiration for me on how deep I really want to take my own.
Love the video, reminds me of mine, funny how a phone picks up the trans whine.

Bravo, well done.
Truly an inspiration for me on how deep I really want to take my own.
Love the video, reminds me of mine, funny how a phone picks up the trans whine.
MW

Thank you very much for the compliments my friend, Much Appreciated!

I am very happy to know that so many are benefiting from this information and inspiring others as yourself....What are we if we do not help others? That is why this is the NUMBER ONE BEST Mopar forum on the net...:luvplace:

Btw I always enjoy your commentary on the forum it is either informative as well or some very good humor!

Justin

Thanks !! I tend to find humor in most anything, without humor life is boring.
I've always said, don't take me too seriously.

You were lucky to have a Dad who was a Mopar guy. I still have my Dad around, but not a car guy at all. Besides that, if it didn't have a blue oval on it, we didn't have it. And he still shakes his head about muscle cars.
And you just know, on one of those drives, you're going to look over and Dad is going to be there grinning.

Thanks !! I tend to find humor in most anything, without humor life is boring.
I've always said, don't take me too seriously.

You were lucky to have a Dad who was a Mopar guy. I still have my Dad around, but not a car guy at all. Besides that, if it didn't have a blue oval on it, we didn't have it. And he still shakes his head about muscle cars.
And you just know, on one of those drives, you're going to look over and Dad is going to be there grinning.
My pops was also a Ford guy as well but Mopar was #1....He had some Merc's, Galaxies and Fairlines but didn't care for Mustangs, lol....His nickname for Chevy freaks was "Head Cars"....He said I couldn't offend them by calling them idiots. So my idiot word for them was "Head" lol...

There is many days were my imagination gets the best of me......It is bitter sweet moments...

Ahh your pops is cool peeps in my books nothing wrong with a blue oval once and awhile and use your time wisely with him my friend...

Justin

Rear twilight harness is installed and Done!

In the video I forgot to show the license plate light but that works as well...

very bright, never have i seen the original style wiring system work that well, chrome looks amazing as well as the rest of the car. its like going back in time, and seeing a brand new car.

very bright, never have i seen the original style wiring system work that well, chrome looks amazing as well as the rest of the car. its like going back in time, and seeing a brand new car.
Don

They are very bright and that is not due to the camera resolution. It all falls down to NOS parts and good clean connections/grounds. I will say this is the first Mopar out of many I did that has everything working and working right. At times I think about what did I do different here than on my other most recent restorations......The only thing I can even come up with is it just has more original/NOS parts....When I state more it is just those parts unique to the X and a few NOS parts. My other rides were built the same but this one is just different....

This car is it's own animal if that makes sense......The only way I can explain it is it was built

"For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX restoration".......

Justin

We just may make a 100 pages today......sounds simple to some but that is monumental in my books!

Btw there is still a lot more to come....

Looks fantastic - the lights are nice and bright (and of course look like the rest of the car - perfect).

Besides NOS parts and good, clean connections, obviously the reflective material inside the taillights, reverse lights, etc. is in perfect shape. I can't tell you how many cars I have seen where this is in poor shape, and the lights end up being really dim. I have the original tail light housings on my car, and they are fair, but the inside of them is something that I want to restore. If nothing else, good, bright taillights might help avoid someone running into the back of my car some day!

It is always nice when the electric componets work without releasing the harness smoke lol. That GTX is dead sexy in every way Justin, just perfect!

Looks fantastic - the lights are nice and bright (and of course look like the rest of the car - perfect).

Besides NOS parts and good, clean connections, obviously the reflective material inside the taillights, reverse lights, etc. is in perfect shape. I can't tell you how many cars I have seen where this is in poor shape, and the lights end up being really dim. I have the original tail light housings on my car, and they are fair, but the inside of them is something that I want to restore. If nothing else, good, bright taillights might help avoid someone running into the back of my car some day!

Hawk

In bold is another key point I forgot about and thanks for pointing that out. It is a combination of things to end up with a clean bright light....

As always thank you for the compliments!

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back