• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is always nice when the electric componets work without releasing the harness smoke lol. That GTX is dead sexy in every way Justin, just perfect!
Mark

Harness smoke, lol......I had flashbacks of my duster and it was a "smoky" situation.....

Some people can throw in some phrases that just "stick" in a good way....GTX is dead sexy! Love that and thanks for that my friend.....

Thank you for the compliments as well.....

Justin

As far as parts goes...my Carburetor tag is on its way....Instrument Specialties should be sending my lower dash cover plate and a spare lower non AC dash pad they dyed for the X....NOS parts are continually being hunted for the "short list" of unobtainable parts....

That aside I have been burning fuel daily!:)

Well...I finally got around to do something to the X.....The "Dog Dishes"

The original rims and caps were long gone when the second owner put magnums on the car back in the day. The GTX was originally coded for the steel wheels and caps. The tires were Goodyear speedways F70 14...The original spare rim and original tire survived, imagine that...

So I searched through many caps and found four restorable ones. I sent these off to Totally Auto a long time ago to polish and paint. They turned out perfect!

View attachment 565992 View attachment 565993 View attachment 565994 View attachment 565995 View attachment 565996 View attachment 565997 View attachment 565998 View attachment 565999

Justin- Those Dog Dishes look great. I have the same set and what I think are the original 14" rims for my 70 Satty droptop. I had them for sale when I upgraded to 15" ralleye rims and tires, but decided to keep them based on your advice that they are worth keeping as a matched set to my car. After seeing yours all spiffed up, I'm glad I did. Do you know if those dog dish caps will fit on a 15" steel rim or are the caps sized to the rim? If yes, I would consider going back to that look but want to keep the 15" tires. Your X is looking great and your pops is smiling for sure. - Abe

PS- Congrats on the 100 page mark too !!!!!

Justin,

Just out trolling my favorite posts this morning. Are you going to bring the X to MCACN this year? I would love to see it in person. Keep up the good work.

D

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

Justin- Those Dog Dishes look great. I have the same set and what I think are the original 14" rims for my 70 Satty droptop. I had them for sale when I upgraded to 15" ralleye rims and tires, but decided to keep them based on your advice that they are worth keeping as a matched set to my car. After seeing yours all spiffed up, I'm glad I did. Do you know if those dog dish caps will fit on a 15" steel rim or are the caps sized to the rim? If yes, I would consider going back to that look but want to keep the 15" tires. Your X is looking great and your pops is smiling for sure. - Abe

PS- Congrats on the 100 page mark too !!!!!
Abe

Thanks for the compliments!

I would have hated to see you lose those original rims....once gone it is near impossible to find a set....As long as you have 9" dog dishes they will fit a 15" steel wheels. I put 15" and caps on my charger...

Steelies are a love them or hate them type of rim. I love them!

Justin

Justin,

Just out trolling my favorite posts this morning. Are you going to bring the X to MCACN this year? I would love to see it in person. Keep up the good work.

D
Darrin

Great to see ya my friend! Hope all is well!

Unless something crazy happens the X is MCACN bound for November.....

It will be great to meet you and you can see some of your parts in the X in person!

Justin

I will definitely put it on the calendar. Now I know why I didn't recognize it, it has Corvette in the title. Are you shipping the car or hauling it yourself?

I will definitely put it on the calendar. Now I know why I didn't recognize it, it has Corvette in the title. Are you shipping the car or hauling it yourself?
Lol, Corvette....

It will be shipped to and fro....

Calendar? WTH....Book it!

If you come through Iowa give me a shout! I35?
Chicago is about 6 hrs from my place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back