• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GTX is on its way to its new home:D Cannot wait to hook back up with my baby.......

When I was aligning transport. Intercity and horseless carriage didn't have routes in Texas. Reliable had a 6 week p/u window.......Passport was my last resort.....

Gary was impressed with the car and made sure the X is the last stop and will not be moved around between stops......Hence, why it is on the bottom row all the way forward. He asked me if I wanted to drive it into the trailer, lol.....I declined....Once inside he asked if I had a "California Cover' which I did and that is the only cover he allows a car to be covered for transport. FYI to you guys.....After the car was covered he covered the car with plastic even though they have drip pans above.....The X is tied down by the tires only and that will protect all restored parts...

I gave him a nice tip to take good care of my baby....

Onward and forward my friends more to come....much more to come.....Things are getting exciting!

IMG_1846.JPG
IMG_1847.JPG
IMG_1848.JPG
IMG_1849.JPG
IMG_1850.JPG
IMG_1851.JPG
IMG_1852.JPG
IMG_1853.JPG
IMG_1854.JPG

Nerves shot yet?? I don't like that hose hanging there..

How on earth does that big lad squeeze up beside the cars without scratching them? Let alone get out the drivers door!

?? This is pick up for the show in November?? :eek:

Last edited:
Can't wait to see the updates Justin. Must be hard to let your baby out of your sight. Like dropping your daughter off at college & the frat boys are on the prowl for fresh meat.

Capture.PNG

Nerves shot yet?? I don't like that hose hanging there..

How on earth does that big lad squeeze up beside the cars without scratching them? Let alone get out the drivers door!
Why would my nerves be shot? Not the first car I transported enclosed......I would much rather have the liability on them then pulling a trailer......I have done many trailer trips and piss on that action.....First thing I did when I got to Texas was selling my enclosed trailer......

He had no problem whatsoever....I was keeping a keen eye....Remember the rear is the tightest area versus the door forward.......

Can't wait to see the updates Justin. Must be hard to let your baby out of your sight. Like dropping your daughter off at college & the frat boys are on the prowl for fresh meat.

View attachment 581586
Roger

Thanks for the positivity....

The X is well insured and Passport is a great company. They take great pride and care of everything.....Like most of the best haulers he completely covers the drivers seat and places a paper mat down.....Most do not allow car covers but being a CC and microfiber inside he allowed it and covered the car with plastic. Also, insured it will not be moved.....Cannot ask for anything better....

I have so much going on right now the X is the farthest thing on my mind.....My only concern is the day it arrives that the weather is good......thats it...Can you believe that? Lol

The wifies car is going out tomorrow or Tuesday.....

Justin

all will be good, sound like all your bases are covered. do you have a schedule of where your gonna be this year would love to see her in person.

Justin a refresh, why does it have to go now for a Nov. show, just curious? Told the boys about reserving some time off 11/17-18 for a Chi-town trip. Jeff

all will be good, sound like all your bases are covered. do you have a schedule of where your gonna be this year would love to see her in person.
Don

Thanks my friend!

Since the X has been accepted as a "unveiled" car at MCACN in Nov that is the first show and its debut. Sometime after that show the X will be going to the Gilmore Museum for a year or so... Just waiting on them to finish construction on a new building there and a phone call....

Justin

Don

Thanks my friend!

Since the X has been accepted as a "unveiled" car at MCACN in Nov that is the first show and its debut. Sometime after that show the X will be going to the Gilmore Museum for a year or so... Just waiting on them to finish construction on a new building there and a phone call....

Justin
amazing that's about an hour from my house! can't wait.

Justin a refresh, why does it have to go now for a Nov. show, just curious? Told the boys about reserving some time off 11/17-18 for a Chi-town trip. Jeff
Jeff

It will be there in Nov and as I mentioned earlier a few pages back thats handled through Reliable and is booked......You may have forgotten but we talked awhile back as to where I am headed now but keep that between us via pm....I want to update that with everyone here when I reach my final destination....

Justin

i helped build and design the deja vu in kalamazoo, you can see some of my handi work and have an excuse to check it out when your in the area.

amazing that's about an hour from my house! can't wait.
Very cool! I tried to get them to take it now but their storage area is filled up....

We are going to travel there of course to see it and how its presented. When that time comes we shall have to try to hook up at the museum....

i helped build and design the deja vu in kalamazoo, you can see some of my handi work and have an excuse to check it out when your in the area.
lol...just googled that.....My man, did you get your hands on something else:D

I'll never tell, we did five of them in Michigan, they would buy out the local t&a club with a lot next door, build a brand new building, transfer the permit to the new one next door( to avoid a possible lapse which could result in problems with the local government) then doze the old building making it a parking lot. meanwhile dollar beers and boobies for a buck for the workers, owner was very cool and had very deep pockets and knew what he wanted, and we delivered.

WOW! Sorry I have not checked in here since the BIG UNVEILING NEWS. I remember some talk a while back about the MCACN. This is such a perfect way for the X's story to go. We'll definitely need lots of video/s. Great stuff Justin! Congrats!

WOW! Sorry I have not checked in here since the BIG UNVEILING NEWS. I remember some talk a while back about the MCACN. This is such a perfect way for the X's story to go. We'll definitely need lots of video/s. Great stuff Justin! Congrats!
DK no worries whatsoever just glad your back:thumbsup:

I will definitely have some video action going on......

Thanks for the compliments!

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back