• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
“3 miles away” COULD take longer than you think!lol. Nat’s aren’t that far considering Texas distances, BUT the traffic on the bypass!!
I have already driven there and back......It took no time other than traffic lights.....What you think people don't scope things out first, geez...cold must be getting to you, lol

We have been here for just 4 days and have already driven probably 100 miles around town here including morning and evening rush hour....

The traffic here is nothing ...virtually nothing.....However, I came form DFW where it is a 100x worse but I should know, right? 270 is a piece of cake but the best thing is it is not part of my commute....lol.....Goes to show when you move you have to move smart.....

And on a plus side your very close to a dragstrip National trail raceway! Glad the trip went smooth. I thought I remembered you saying you were moving. I have friends in Boston, now I have a 1/2 way stop!

And on a plus side your very close to a dragstrip National trail raceway! Glad the trip went smooth. I thought I remembered you saying you were moving. I have friends in Boston, now I have a 1/2 way stop!
Tim

Very true and well centralized! Your about 9 hours away and your always welcome here!

Thanks, it was a very good trip and well planned...

Justin

Justin,

I am glad you made it up there safely! Thanks for all the help and advice you gave me while you were down here along with showing me the GTX. I look forward to seeing you and the car November.

View attachment 574361

As I mentioned earlier in this thread. Future things were in the mix......Well, as you know the GTX is heading to MCACN in November. MCACN is short for Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals. It is an indoor show located at the convention center in Chicago. Bob Ashton runs the show and he is a die hard Mopar enthusiast.

The BIG news is the GTX has been selected to be an "Unveiled" car.....Only a few cars are selected for this category and the GTX qualified. The key part is this is the first time the X is presented to the public.....Hence, unveiled......So now you may understand why I haven't posted full pictures of the car.....

Special thanks to Mr. Ashton for selecting the GTX for this honor!

http://www.mcacn.com

Transportation was booked today.....it's happening fellas.....I do hope to see some of you guys there.....For the folks unable to attend I will post updates during and after the show....

"for the love of my father"

View attachment 574369
View attachment 574370

I would trade the GTX in if given the chance.........................................

Isaiah 25:8

Congrats Justin, an honor well deserved! I'm sure your Pops is looking down and full of pride!!!

Justin,

I am glad you made it up there safely! Thanks for all the help and advice you gave me while you were down here along with showing me the GTX. I look forward to seeing you and the car November.
Brian

Thanks for the compliments. It was a pleasure seeing your car and also to see it in final paint! I may be 15 hours away but always available via phone......

We will meet again in November my friend!

Justin

Congrats Justin, an honor well deserved! I'm sure your Pops is looking down and full of pride!!!
Mike

Good to see you my Texas friend!

Hope all is well on your end and I love seeing the progress on your beauty!

Thanks for the compliments!

Justin

Mike

Good to see you my Texas friend!

Hope all is well on your end and I love seeing the progress on your beauty!

Thanks for the compliments!

Justin

Yes sir you too! I'm trying to make a silk...rayon purse out of a sows ear...you just put the glass slipper on Cinderellas foot!!! Love hearing about all of your hard work and attention to detail is being recognized by the industry....
I'll be in Denton at the end of April, would be glad to buy you a beer or two!

Yes sir you too! I'm trying to make a silk...rayon purse out of a sows ear...you just put the glass slipper on Cinderellas foot!!! Love hearing about all of your hard work and attention to detail is being recognized by the industry....
I'll be in Denton at the end of April, would be glad to buy you a beer or two!
Our cars are beautiful regardless of a slipper......

Denton would be a hike from Ohio.....so you may have to drink that other beer for me....

He's in the witness protection plan :rofl:
images.jpg
lol.....

Great to hear you made ok to the new homestead Justin!

Now I have a hankerin for ribs! thanks a lot! lol

Congrats on the journey of over a 1,000 miles Justin. The summers will be much cooler than in TX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back