• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries. I know you've got it all covered as this isn't your 1st rodeo. I look forward to the unveiling and wish I could be there. I'm sure the media as well as the industry is going to give you a ton of exposure. I wouldn't be surprised if you're going to be working at a high end restoration shop.

Roger

Thanks for the positivity....

The X is well insured and Passport is a great company. They take great pride and care of everything.....Like most of the best haulers he completely covers the drivers seat and places a paper mat down.....Most do not allow car covers but being a CC and microfiber inside he allowed it and covered the car with plastic. Also, insured it will not be moved.....Cannot ask for anything better....

I have so much going on right now the X is the farthest thing on my mind.....My only concern is the day it arrives that the weather is good......thats it...Can you believe that? Lol

The wifies car is going out tomorrow or Tuesday.....

Justin

No worries. I know you've got it all covered as this isn't your 1st rodeo. I look forward to the unveiling and wish I could be there. I'm sure the media as well as the industry is going to give you a ton of exposure. I wouldn't be surprised if you're going to be working at a high end restoration shop.
If things work out.....I am thinking of hiring a videographer for the event......

The only exposure I need is to relay "The car and a story".......

My garage here or there is always open for hire:D

Or, his own TV show about his own high end restoration shop!?
My TV show hmmmm now thats an idea.......Like taking a thread as this and bringing it to reality TV.....That can be done...

My pops always said if you really have pride and love for what you do it will show in the work you produce....You do not have to tell everyone your the best or your stuff is the greatest thing next to sliced bread.....Let them make their own decision in their mind about your work!!! Plus he taught us not to be haughty, braggers etc....if we did he would beat our azz.....

The X was pushed to the highest level of my skills abilities.....Some areas I cannot take credit for but mind you I was a BIG thorn in those vendors sides.....Many many redo's......Even some redo's of my own work:D

Very happy for you Justin, I’ll say it again great job and thanks for all the info you share.
So great to see you around....Where the heck have you been? The only excuse I will accept is you have been working on that beautiful Coronet!

Thank you very much for the compliments! There is so much more to come but there is a fair amount of down time going on.....I try my best to provide beneficial info....I enjoy helping anyone....

Justin

So great to see you around....Where the heck have you been? The only excuse I will accept is you have been working on that beautiful Coronet!

Thank you very much for the compliments! There is so much more to come but there is a fair amount of down time going on.....I try my best to provide beneficial info....I enjoy helping anyone....

Justin
I been around just not much work on the car, little **** here and there when I can. Went back to work recently and the wife is in school. between the time and budget constraints (still trying to catch up after being laid off for 5 months) I haven’t made much progress, still shooting for spring rollout though.

Thanks

Bo

I been around just not much work on the car, little **** here and there when I can. Went back to work recently and the wife is in school. between the time and budget constraints (still trying to catch up after being laid off for 5 months) I haven’t made much progress, still shooting for spring rollout though.

Thanks

Bo
Bo

Spring rollout it is! Looking forward to that video action.......

Ahh the car will always be there but glad to hear you are catching up....I hope your new venture is going well!

Justin

Thanks

Bo

Glad to hear your back to work Bo! :thumbsup:

I just read your thread from start to finish. :popcorn: Thank you. Congratulations! Very very very nice. So cool. :moparsmiley:
Moparsaver

Thank you for taking the time to trek through my thread!

Also, thank you for the compliments, much appreciated!

Lastly, thanks for joining the forum and also becoming a gold member:thumbsup:

Justin

Well guys I have not been around in a bit.....I do have good reason....

Unknown.jpg

This all started in January......It is a place where I should have originally gone to 10 years ago but we decided to go to Texas at that time. No regrets whatsoever but this kinda fell in my lap again and I couldn't pass it up......

Ohh and in case your wondering we are in Columbus Ohio.....This gets us closer to family. The bosses family is about 2 hours away and my mother is about 8hrs away roughly....We couldn't be more pleased.....

The GTX is tucked away in its new garage.....patiently waiting for the MCACN show....

Tomorrow all of our things arrive and that is going to be....CRAZY....to say the least....

Moving alone blows but across state lines is a royal PITA....I had everything planned perfectly and all has gone smooth with no hiccups but I just can't do this again, lol....

Unknown.jpg

Justin,
I would not even want to think about the efforts required on making a move of this size over a thousand miles away. But it does sounds like it puts you into a better situation which is worth it in the end. Just having to unpack and put everything away would send me over the edge.
At least now, you will be in prime country for the different shows. That part of the country is prime Mopar country and has much to offer. Carlisle will be less than six hours away and The Nats will be in your back door. And then you have the Woodward Dream Cruise and MCACN as well.
Congrats on the move and enjoy the new home place.
Richard

When we left Texas we made like a mini vacation out of our move...Leg one was 7 hours to memphis. At Memphis we stayed at the Peabody Hotel downtown. Famous hotel built in the 30's and they have a very interesting feature. Back in the day the owner was an avid hunter and at that time they used live decoys for duck hunting. Well, one day after hunting he decided to put the ducks in the fountain and people loved that. So it is an ongoing tradition at the hotel. The ducks stay there at the hotel on the roof for 3 months and then released to the wild and a new three come in their place.

http://www.peabodymemphis.com

So at 11am the ducks come from the roof via one elevator and run about 30 feet on red carpet and into the fountain. Then at 5pm they run back to the elevator and back to the roof. You should have seen how many people were there on a Wednesday to see this....

Now here is my personal reason of staying at Memphis...lol....The World Renowned Ribs!
https://www.hogsfly.com

The ribs were the best I have had to date......The hotel was not to happy when we brought our to go order into the bar and TORE them up......The rib place is about half a block from the hotel....SO we had Marley with us of course and she had the "crazy" eye when I gave her a rib.....Man it was like a doc on crack.....The funniest thing is when I took her out for a walk in the city guess where she led me to, lol no kidding.....Right to the front door and she sat and stared into the building....Thats my baby!
****Notice the reflection in the door, she is waiting, lol****

IMG_20180314_085803363_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180314_085850178.jpg
IMG_20180313_224253865.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMMMM...MMMMMMM....MMMMM

Second leg was to Louisville Kentucky about 7 hours and the last leg was Columbus a little over 3 hours......

Now we are at our new home.....

Justin,
I would not even want to think about the efforts required on making a move of this size over a thousand miles away. But it does sounds like it puts you into a better situation which is worth it in the end. Just having to unpack and put everything away would send me over the edge.
At least now, you will be in prime country for the different shows. That part of the country is prime Mopar country and has much to offer. Carlisle will be less than six hours away and The Nats will be in your back door. And then you have the Woodward Dream Cruise and MCACN as well.
Congrats on the move and enjoy the new home place.
Richard
Richard

Thanks so much my friend.....The logistics of the move was immense but I tackled it well....It was pretty overwhelming.....

I will say I am not doing it again.....We really are not looking forward to the unpacking part.....My wife is the type that thinks it can be done in a week but reality will soon set in....Although this is not her first time which gives me some humor to poke her with....

Prime country indeed....I think 2019 after MCACN may be adventurous for the X....

The only thing that blows here is they have a VIN inspection....Which takes like 5 minutes but the all titled cars antique or not have to have this. The place is about 3 miles away which is no biggie but shocked they don't waive this for antiques. In Texas they waive this but every state has their own things.....It is located in an open parking lot and Nat will guard the X while it is outside in any event at least it will spread its wings for some drive time....

I tried to get someone to come by and do it and throw some $$ their way but it is a no go:eek:

Justin

“3 miles away” COULD take longer than you think!lol. Nat’s aren’t that far considering Texas distances, BUT the traffic on the bypass!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back