• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nation74 sounds like my stock engine in video#2 after sitting for 2-3 days with this crappy gas these days evaporating out of carb!

Works. Sounds great! More good progress on the car - you'll have it driving in no time...
Thanks.....In about 2 hours that iron beast will be in my garage! Then the detailing begins......

Nation74 sounds like my stock engine in video#2 after sitting for 2-3 days with this crappy gas these days evaporating out of carb!
lol...he hasn't started it in over a month.....and that crap gas just evaporates out as you said....It runs in the low 9's...He said he can get it to run faster but not worth the headache of meet the needs for the track.

Its an actual A330....

Unknown.jpg

IT IS BACK!

IMG_1281.JPG
IMG_1282.JPG
IMG_1283.JPG

I see the pass. side valve cover has a spark plug wire & harness clip. Is that specific to 440's or 440+6? I don't ever seeing that on any of my 383 RRs.

I see the pass. side valve cover has a spark plug wire & harness clip. Is that specific to 440's or 440+6? I don't ever seeing that on any of my 383 RRs.
I am not an expert on all valve covers but that is correct for 69. 68 has the same but has a bracket for the heater hose. 383/440 use the same covers
OE 69 below
download.jpg

OE 68 Below
DSCN1905_zpstsj01utu.jpg

This thread has slipped all the way down to the bottom of page 2. No recent updates?

This thread has slipped all the way down to the bottom of page 2. No recent updates?
There would have been some beautiful orange pictures this upcoming Monday buuuut I forgot to order the new flywheel to crank bolts. I have a new set coming next week....I just cannot use the originals on that or the pressure plate....Cheap insurance and once on the motor know one can tell. At least I have the motor all ready to be sprayed...

So I am kinda in limbo at this stage....I may put the tail panel on this weekend but that will probably be it.....

Mark I do appreciate you checking in and giving me a bit of a nudge!

Actually, found something to keep me occupied for a bit....The original tail panel was toast due to the typical pitting. Awhile back I got a NOS one from Nacho whom is a member here. Paul's Chrome made it perfect again and totally auto applied the the color accents. The "GTX" badge is an original and was chromed by Paul's as well. Those emblems are more rare than the panel itself and if you can find that China repop don't waste your money, they are junk! The hardware came from RT Specialties except for the bushings they came with the NOS tail panel...
IMG_1388.JPG
IMG_1389.JPG
IMG_1390.JPG
IMG_1391.JPG
IMG_1393.JPG
IMG_1394.JPG
IMG_1395.JPG
IMG_1396.JPG

That tail panel is very SWEET! I'm envious. I've been nosing around for someone to restore my 68 panel. Found a guy down in TX that did beautiful work - but passed recently. He had the correct finish material. Hard to find.

That tail panel is very SWEET! I'm envious. I've been nosing around for someone to restore my 68 panel. Found a guy down in TX that did beautiful work - but passed recently. He had the correct finish material. Hard to find.
Thank you....

A 68 panel is very difficult to do and to get done correctly...IMHO one of the best tail panels on a Mopar!

Krusin Moons may know of someone that can do your panel correctly....
http://www.krusinmoons.com

I do not know of anyone that can tackle the argent for the 68 panel....

Beautiful work on the rear end Justin (please say nothing RC) :lol:

Your car must be so much better looking in person....I only hope one day I get the opportunity.
BTW....I see jackstands. :D
img_1395-jpg.jpg

Beautiful work on the rear end Justin (please say nothing RC) :lol:

Your car must be so much better looking in person....I only hope one day I get the opportunity.
BTW....I see jackstands. :D
View attachment 433144
Roger,

Many thanks my friend! RC will post like "white lightning" in response to that, lol...

I hope that happens one day as well....I would love to have that beautiful FC7 "high Impact" beauty next to mine....it would be an honor, honestly! That would be one heck of a BF Goodrich poster! When my X spreads its wings I will get back to ya on that! I have plans to release the beast into society again, lol....

Yes, Jack stands, I am just trying to be with the "In Crowd" with you guys over in the racing section....I wonder what ole SSR would say?....

Buuut I will have to hire this guy to sit in the driver seat. You guys could dust me in reverse....START AT 1:37...lol

A 68 panel is very difficult to do and to get done correctly...IMHO one of the best tail panels on a Mopar!

RC will post like "white lightning" in response to that, lol...

The tail panel really completes the back end. On a related subject, back in the early 80s, the guy who previously owned my 68 Hemi GTX convertible bought a new tail panel for it direct from Chrysler & if I recall, the price was about $85.00. Sounds like peanuts today, but when you were making a couple hundred bucks a week (if that), 85 clams was a lot of money. Who would have known????

Sorry, no lightning speed today. :D

Actually, found something to keep me occupied for a bit....The original tail panel was toast due to the typical pitting. Awhile back I got a NOS one from Nacho whom is a member here. Paul's Chrome made it perfect again and totally auto applied the the color accents. The "GTX" badge is an original and was chromed by Paul's as well. Those emblems are more rare than the panel itself and if you can find that China repop don't waste your money, they are junk! The hardware came from RT Specialties except for the bushings they came with the NOS tail panel...
View attachment 433122 View attachment 433123 View attachment 433124 View attachment 433125 View attachment 433127 View attachment 433128 View attachment 433129 View attachment 433130
Beautifully finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back