• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin, I'm wondering how you're surviving the wait? It must be brutal to see it there and not take it for a spin.

Justin, I'm wondering how you're surviving the wait? It must be brutal to see it there and not take it for a spin.
I'm Not...lol...

My neighbor is getting his pool resurfaced and the trucks are in the way in the alley. Also, the water they are using is draining in the alley....

I am chomping at the bit...

Last edited:
How many times have you just fired it up just to sit in it and grin?

How many times have you just fired it up just to sit in it and grin?
Every time except for one so far...That was when I ran out of gas and got stuck halfway out of the garage....Fortunately, I was able to bump it back in...lol

How is it I never commented on this thread here ? :lol:

I know I've see the thread & read much of it,
not all 94 pages yet....

Sometime I will go back & read all of it I'm sure...

By the way great thread Justin from what I've read so far...

not all 94 pages yet....

LOL, I forgot half the pages! Justin did all of us proud!!!!!

not all 94 pages yet....

Bart

Good to see ya around these parts my friend...Thanks for taking the time to venture through my thread..

I do appreciate the compliment and thank you!

Don't be a stranger!

Justin

Excellent resource for everyones projects here! I know i will be checking back here when i get to start rolling on my projects for tips and explanations. I will probably never do one to this caliber but what i do will be beter because of this thread.
Thanks for sharing Justin!

Excellent resource for everyones projects here! I know i will be checking back here when i get to start rolling on my projects for tips and explanations. I will probably never do one to this caliber but what i do will be beter because of this thread.
Thanks for sharing Justin!
Never say never! It all changes once you start digging deep into a project....

Thank you for the compliments, much appreciated....My intention initially was a record of my build and the story with the car. Once I started that changed and I saw even more of a use for this build thread. Comparisons of the reproduction parts vs NOS/used parts was very important to relay. Why buy high priced Japanese junk? When one can find NOS or even used good used parts. There are only about 5% of new parts that are usable the rest are a fight to fit nor do they last and look correct...

Furthermore, there are people that believe a car like this cannot be built at a home garage with rudimentary tools. I will say, I am not the only one that has built a car like this in their garage at home but I will say "IT CAN BE DONE."

I am glad that this thread is helpful in the restoration end of things....That was my other intention to show my processes and ways I have done things...Right or wrong members here have agreed or pointed out better ways....

In the end it was a collaborative effort by the members here and me once this thread got going strong....I even think some TV guy is utilizing information here as well, lol but will never admit that.....In the end the information here is intended to be accurate as possible and FREE....all to educate the true hobbyists and to save them their hard earned money....

Thanks again for you and everyone's continued support!

Justin

You have been a huge help Justin! I've referenced your thread so much it's almost automatic I go here first. I am one who when I set out was just going to do a quickie paint job, throw the motor in and go. Well so much for that plan. Again you've been so helpful and patient with those of us that aren't quite as up to speed on things.
We can never repay you other than to say thanks again!

You have been a huge help Justin! I've referenced your thread so much it's almost automatic I go here first. I am one who when I set out was just going to do a quickie paint job, throw the motor in and go. Well so much for that plan. Again you've been so helpful and patient with those of us that aren't quite as up to speed on things.
Dont worry Tim, people like me are gonna be using your project for ideas also! Can't wait to meet you and see your car in person some day!

Tim

Thanks a lot for that my friend:thumbsup:

That is it as you stated once the project gets rolling things usually change......Your project is a beauty all the way around...
Too bad we do not live close to one another I would be over anytime to lend a "free" helping hand.....Where I am at we just dont have any mopar guys around assembling cars near by.....

I am an extremely helpful person and patient as you noted. My enjoyment is helping others either through this thread or in person and my stuff comes last.....just the way I am....

Currently, I have a bizillion things going on outside of the GTX and there is a possibility for a move in the near future...Thankfully, the X is basically done other than just a few minor things. It was something that came out of the blue and is a huge positive thing btw.....Right now it is not 100% defined but in a week or so it will....

In the meantime I am waiting on the tail light harness, carb ID tag and one plastic dash trim piece.....

Justin

I was able to skate out of work early today around noon. Sky was sunny but pretty windy temp was around 56 degrees....Today was the day but I had limited time due to weather. I made about 3 trips around the circle and had no problems. Everything was in working order and ran as expected...

Even now I still cannot stop smiling.....Add more insult to injury I am sick, lol but nothing was going to hold this up. Braked as expected, shifted as expected, carb responded perfectly and engine temp was spot on.....I am so ecstatic.....

I pulled the car in the garage and ten minutes later the temp dropped 10 degrees....Right now it looks like we are going to get ice/snow....its 43 degrees right now and dropping...Thats no matter now, lol...

What do you think DK?

IMG_20180111_124714905.jpg

Love it!!

I had a little flash back to looking over the black Ramcharger hood on my Coronet back in high school. Thanks!

Whew whoooo :thumbsup:

That's great to hear, glad it all went so smooth.

I was able to skate out of work early today around noon. Sky was sunny but pretty windy temp was around 56 degrees....Today was the day but I had limited time due to weather. I made about 3 trips around the circle and had no problems. Everything was in working order and ran as expected...

Even now I still cannot stop smiling.....Add more insult to injury I am sick, lol but nothing was going to hold this up. Braked as expected, shifted as expected, carb responded perfectly and engine temp was spot on.....I am so ecstatic.....

I pulled the car in the garage and ten minutes later the temp dropped 10 degrees....Right now it looks like we are going to get ice/snow....its 43 degrees right now and dropping...Thats no matter now, lol...

What do you think DK?

View attachment 558812

Someone needs a Go-Pro. :lol:
Great video and the car sounds awesome. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back