• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
100%.....If you only knew how long I pondered on how to appropriately label this thread....

I was tinkering around the X tonight and the memories kinda poured out.....Very tough not having him around....Would have given anything to be at this point and to hand him the keys....And see the grin on his face......

He's grinning! And as ear to ear as you are :D

It sure sounds nice and the phone video is not bad at all. I'm glad everything went smooth.

tenor.gif

DsVUVVb.gif

It sure sounds nice and the phone video is not bad at all. I'm glad everything went smooth.
Mark

Thanks for the compliments....With the wind and inside the car it did sound good....Strikes me funny when the phone makes a hard right when it went from 3rd to fourth...lol

Justin

Great video Justin! Glad you got the first spin in. I want a video of the first sidestep on the clutch! Just like your Dad did in your story. Looks and sounds fantastic.

Great video Justin! Glad you got the first spin in. I want a video of the first sidestep on the clutch! Just like your Dad did in your story. Looks and sounds fantastic.
Tim

Doesn't the wheel side step count? lol....

We shall see but still needs some more drive time...

Justin

seinfeld dancing gif.gif

Woo hoo!!! congrats Justin!!! Long time comin brother! Im so happy everything worked as it should!

your an inspiration was gonna go ice fishing today but, after seeing that i think I'm headed out to do some brake assembly.

What a great car and tribute to your father. Thank you for sharing this with everyone.

A great first drive! With the care and attention this car has received I'm sure no one is surprised it had no issues! It is simply proof of the OUTSTANDING job you have done.

You dad is justifiably proud - no doubt of that.

Hawk

Don

Thanks for the compliment! It is nice hearing that 4 spd wind up.....Your the second one that has noticed that....

Justin
The "windup" is a forgone conclusion,lol. I was waiting for a 'Ronnie Sox' powershift! Maybe after a thorough break-in? It's not hard to do, all you have to think "it's not my car"!

The "windup" is a forgone conclusion,lol. I was waiting for a 'Ronnie Sox' powershift! Maybe after a thorough break-in? It's not hard to do, all you have to think "it's not my car"!

Don't think so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back