• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your welcome car looks and sounds awesome - sounds tuned well with a nice whine as well can't wait till the weather is nice to go for a cruise as well .

Yes, such a beautiful transmision melody! I also loved hearing that.

Awesome video! Congrats on the perfect first drive! Hopefully the next one comes soon!

Awesome video! Congrats on the perfect first drive! Hopefully the next one comes soon!
Mike

Thanks for the compliment. Next drive is on the books just getting some other stuff in order.....which is soaking up all my free time...

Justin

Just stopping by to what's new. Plus to help get your thread closer to 100 pages! :thumbsup:

Tim

Thanks! Is is getting close to a 100 pages...right now just waiting on a few parts and some other stuff going on soaking my free time...

Great to see you and also awesome to see your back on Text!

Justin

Well.....I finally go one part in......Special thanks to George for keeping an eye out for me on this part. The original rear tail light harness was shot....Was never able to find an NOS but who knows what the future may bring. So in the interim I used a reproduction harness. While waiting to find an NOS one or a very nice used one the fine gent above saw an ad here with a very nice used one.

It had one issue about 3 feet of the mesh covering was gone. So after some searching and chatting with some experts I found a company that does close to the original re-webbing.

http://www.narragansettreproductions.com

Looks very close to the original type of webbing. They did a great job and had a 2 week turnaround.....

First pic is prior to sending it out....

wire harness.jpg
IMG_1748.JPG

Well...I finally got around to do something to the X.....The "Dog Dishes"

The original rims and caps were long gone when the second owner put magnums on the car back in the day. The GTX was originally coded for the steel wheels and caps. The tires were Goodyear speedways F70 14...The original spare rim and original tire survived, imagine that...

So I searched through many caps and found four restorable ones. I sent these off to Totally Auto a long time ago to polish and paint. They turned out perfect!

IMG_1750.JPG
IMG_1751.JPG
IMG_1752.JPG
IMG_1753.JPG
IMG_1754.JPG
IMG_1755.JPG
IMG_1756.JPG
IMG_1757.JPG

Lol, boy those old 14” tires really seem pretty dinky these days; just reminiscing..

Lol, boy those old 14” tires really seem pretty dinky these days; just reminiscing..
Typically, when people purchased/ordered a car like this code with these rims they either loved them or once they got the car home put an aftermarket rim on it.....Since the original owner is unknown I have no clue what he did but the second owner via Billy Peedins said the 2nd owner put the magnums on the car....Who knows....I am very leary of contacting the 2nd based on his history and I am not 100% sure it is him only 95% positive....If I could get his phone number I would but all I have is an address and the house is in a unfortunate area......

14" tires are small relative to tires available today and this is why I added a slight rake to the car to decrease the front fender gap...

It is what the car came with originally......Back in the day all BB should have had 15" standard IMHO......

Those dishes are beautiful. I have to say, I prefer that to Magnums, personal preference. I have often thought about the effort involved in restoring items such as these. The polishing is one thing, but the masking and painting would be a daunting task. Those guys sure did a nice job.

:thumbsup:

Those dishes are beautiful. I have to say, I prefer that to Magnums, personal preference. I have often thought about the effort involved in restoring items such as these. The polishing is one thing, but the masking and painting would be a daunting task. Those guys sure did a nice job.

:thumbsup:
George

Great to see ya around here my friend! Thank you for the compliments.......

When they received them, inspected and called back with the quote. Chaz at the time said, "It aint gonna be cheap and there is a lot of time polishing and prep for paint." He was worried I would say, no....However, I knew what a huge task this was and it was worth every penny......Time was the issue and these required a lot of shop time to polish and to tape correctly.....

Glad to know we have the same personal taste towards these machines:thumbsup:

Justin

Funny you mention Chas, Justin. I just placed an order with him on Sunday for some paint. He is great people.

Dog dishes look great!

Funny you mention Chas, Justin. I just placed an order with him on Sunday for some paint. He is great people.

Dog dishes look great!
Mr. Mario my good man....Thanks for the compliment!

Chas is good peeps....Next time you chat with him ask him about his Cuda'. It is a sweet resto mod....

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back