• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think so!
Welllll that's the mindset you have to have when doing a 'good' powershift. Don't let anything stand in the way of your leg & rt. arm! ( I used to do it on downshifts on hills with a semi-trailer, and it was awesome!) Before computers took over,lol.

The "windup" is a forgone conclusion,lol. I was waiting for a 'Ronnie Sox' powershift! Maybe after a thorough break-in? It's not hard to do, all you have to think "it's not my car"!
Jeff

I appreciate your idea but thats not going to happen....lol....Technically, it's not my car...Of course on paper it is but not in my heart....He would whip my azz ragging on his pride and joy....

Justin

Justin that is a great video. Nice to see it purring out on the road. Love the black/orange combo on the hood. It's amazing to see how this journey began to get to this point, truly amazing. Your Dad has been at your side the whole time and the love you two have of the hobby as well as life shows in many ways. Bet your mom can't wait to go for a drive.

I look forward to the next chapter of this amazing tribute!

Justin that is a great video. Nice to see it purring out on the road. Love the black/orange combo on the hood. It's amazing to see how this journey began to get to this point, truly amazing. Your Dad has been at your side the whole time and the love you two have of the hobby as well as life shows in many ways. Bet your mom can't wait to go for a drive.

I look forward to the next chapter of this amazing tribute!
Roger

Thanks for the compliments! The hood and the interior has been everyones focal point that has seen the car in person. It is interesting how our minds focus on certain things....Not one person so far has said neat tail panel, love the grille etc...it just cracks me up it is always the "orange scoops" or the red interior....

I still cannot get over the fact the car is basically done and drove under its own power again....Big difference from first sight in Micro NC.....

My Pops is asleep and when he awakens. What a wonderful story to relay to him about his car...

As KK mentioned earlier about the title of this thread.....The GTX was built based on love.......That conquers anything....

WE ARE MOPAR!

Justin

Last edited:
Jeff

I appreciate your idea but thats not going to happen....lol....Technically, it's not my car...Of course on paper it is but not in my heart....He would whip my azz ragging on his pride and joy....

Justin
All I can say is when the grandkids get mine I would probably just laugh from the look on their faces. ( papa, oh no!)

I just watch the video. You and your Dad should be very proud of this outstanding accomplishment!

Sooo......whats next??

I just watch the video. You and your Dad should be very proud of this outstanding accomplishment!
Tom

Good to see you around here my friend! Thanks for the compliments!

Tell me what Igor thinks of it? Always nice to get an opinion from a "real deal" Chrysler Designer....

Justin

Sooo......whats next??
As far as the X goes just waiting on a few pieces to come in.....Searching for the NOS parts on my very short "unobtanium" short list and once found they will replace those parts. If found....

Funny you should ask. He's watched this thread probably more times than me, and tells me about your posts. He doesn't logon or post here, but absolutely loves the car.

Funny you should ask. He's watched this thread probably more times than me, and tells me about your posts. He doesn't logon or post here, but absolutely loves the car.
Tom

Coming from Igor that goes miles beyond anything....He is a true piece of Chrysler History and what I consider "real" critic of well restored mopars....Tell your pops I said, Thank you!

Justin

Well I wouldn't go that far...but thanks! I actually consider Igor as more of a historian than anything else. As knowledgeable as he is, if unsure he'll always say "I don't know"....and point you to someone else who does.

Last edited:
Well I wouldn't go that far...but thanks! I actually consider Igor as more of a historian than anything else. As knowledgeable as he is, if unsure he'll always say "I don't know"....and point you to someone else who does.
Thats qualities of an "honest" person! Igor is good peeps...

Tom let it roll the old man needs his ego swelled a bit...Igor deserves that bro! Unlike others that constantly seek their ego stroked those folks lead a sad life....

I guarantee our Dads could talk about Mopars until the point we fetched a hook. LOL.

Its a shame they never met back in the day.

Look no further for Igor.

upload_2018-1-16_8-36-38.jpeg

Can't believe I'm just now seeing the vid.. TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually did "laugh out loud" with excitement. It sounded so sweet, like a big powerful sewing machine.. The first car at the intersection skeered me, looked too close.. ha..
CONGRATULATIONS!

Can't believe I'm just now seeing the vid.. TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually did "laugh out loud" with excitement. It sounded so sweet, like a big powerful sewing machine.. The first car at the intersection skeered me, looked too close.. ha..
CONGRATULATIONS!
DK

Big sewing machine...lol...

Seemed closer than what they actually were but they were staring down the X heavily....Drivers not paying attention always presents issues driving these cars around...Hence is why I pick odd hours of the day to take them out....

Thank you for the compliments.....

Justin

Tha
I was able to skate out of work early today around noon. Sky was sunny but pretty windy temp was around 56 degrees....Today was the day but I had limited time due to weather. I made about 3 trips around the circle and had no problems. Everything was in working order and ran as expected...

Even now I still cannot stop smiling.....Add more insult to injury I am sick, lol but nothing was going to hold this up. Braked as expected, shifted as expected, carb responded perfectly and engine temp was spot on.....I am so ecstatic.....

I pulled the car in the garage and ten minutes later the temp dropped 10 degrees....Right now it looks like we are going to get ice/snow....its 43 degrees right now and dropping...Thats no matter now, lol...

What do you think DK?

View attachment 558812

That sounds nice man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back