• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For You Whitetail Hunters

VANDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:51 PM
Reaction score
I was walking my dogs in our Local Town Park, and spotted this in an open area along the pathway. I saw a decent buck yesterday, mid-afternoon, where he shouldn't be ! I think it's the early rut 'round here...
1101201439.jpg

15C25498-7C07-4399-ADD7-55BDDCBB4828.jpeg
It’s a bit early for rut, but not by much. Up here it’s generally in full swing the middle of November. I finished hunting in September. They taste better if you can get them before rut, and for lots of us it’s about good meat and not big antlers.

I've tagged them all ways, and it's about getting them to the freezer, in a timely manner. I raised my Family on venison, NO additives, or anti-biotics...
1101202011.jpg

View attachment 1021954 It’s a bit early for rut, but not by much. Up here it’s generally in full swing the middle of November. I finished hunting in September. They taste better if you can get them before rut, and for lots of us it’s about good meat and not big antlers.
As the old timers in camp would say, ''you can't eat the horns''.
I would show them the cool buttons and stuff I made from the Antlers.
The bigger the Deer the harder the drag. My cousin shot a big one a few years back (Potter co. Pa.) and when I got in to them I thought we were dragging a mule out.

Last edited:
It's starting to heat up here in Michigan. Seen a couple small bucks running around during daylight hours. Next couple weeks should be better. 440'
20201101_211326.jpg

I seen a buck chasing two does behind the garage yesterday here in East Tennessee. I’m ready:thumbsup:
C5F7487B-DC64-4228-A2FF-9992AD6F4664.jpeg

The bucks are just cruising here, but could break loose any day. Bad part is it's going to warm up this week.
11aa.jpg

Last years muzzy deer

I sure hope that poor little tree makes it?

I've tagged them all ways, and it's about getting them to the freezer, in a timely manner. I raised my Family on venison, NO additives, or anti-biotics...
View attachment 1021985
looks like my man cave!....and my all original 2K mi 4 Hemi cars ('68 '69 RR,& '68 &'69 Superbee) are parked in there too !
Sonny.

(never lies)

Auto Transport Service
Back