• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ford guy trading his classic pony for a Charger

MustangAndy

Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
OK - didn't think this really fit the "tech" section so I put it here.

I come from a predominantly Chrysler family and this will be my first Dodge vehicle. I myself fly a blue oval flag.

I need you guys to bring me up to speed on 1971 Chargers and years around '71 that work together (example - can I put a '73 tail panel on a '71?). I've flipped through a few online sites as well as Wikipedia's shpeal about Chargers and I feel that I still don't know enough about them. I could bore you guys for hours about 'Stangs - but that won't help in this situation.

I have a '70 Mustang project that became too much for me and my Uncle so I put it up for sale. I received an offer to trade on a much better condition '71 Charger (base model as far as I know) with a running 318 under the hood. I'm going to go through with it.

What I need from you guys is info and LOTS OF IT. Things to look for, known problems, little tweaks to make the car better, etc. etc. I'm not a big horsepower person, so as long as the 318 stays running it'll stay in there with maybe a few top end goodies - I'm not looking to do a 440ci or 4 speed swap or anything crazy like that.

0002.JPG

00031.JPG

0004.JPG

0005.JPG

0006.JPG

I'm pretty sure thats not it, it looks like a 69' Mach1?? (Probably one of the only Stangs that interest me) Anyways Welcome! Stupid question but where is J town? Lol

That the Stang in the background??????????????????

Nope. That's the seller's '69 Mach 1 (69clone is right) He needs my 70 for parts to finish it.

I'm pretty sure thats not it, it looks like a 69' Mach1?? (Probably one of the only Stangs that interest me) Anyways Welcome! Stupid question but where is J town? Lol

Jefferson Township - Milton side of town - City of Oak Ridge - NW corner or Morris County. I can throw rocks at Sussex County and Passaic County.

Just curious. I've had a 69 MACH 4 speed and a 70 MACH 4 speed. Got a S-197 with a stick now, along with 2 runners, a Duster, and my RAM.

btw....Welcome :icon_pidu:

Nope. That's the seller's '69 Mach 1 (69clone is right) He needs my 70 for parts to finish it.

Jefferson Township - Milton side of town - City of Oak Ridge - NW corner or Morris County. I can throw rocks at Sussex County and Passaic County.

Sussex county here! Vernon to be exact

Just curious. I've had a 69 MACH 4 speed and a 70 MACH 4 speed. Got a S-197 with a stick now, along with 2 runners, a Duster, and my RAM.

btw....Welcome :icon_pidu:

You sound like - more cars than you know what to do with. I have 4 myself - My parents know of two. The '85 F250 and the '70 Stang are hidden at my Uncle's house.

Sussex county here! Vernon to be exact

Have you ever been to The Chatterbox or the old A&P in in Jefferson for one of our cruse nights (up till last year when they did it)?

Oh ok, Man everyones up north... lol

Welcome...There is alot of good knowledge here..
I,m not a ford fan but that red stang is cool!!!!
If you want to go fast you gotta have a mopar!!!
Petty Blue 67 GTX

You sound like - more cars than you know what to do with. I have 4 myself - My parents know of two. The '85 F250 and the '70 Stang are hidden at my Uncle's house.

Have you ever been to The Chatterbox or the old A&P in in Jefferson for one of our cruse nights (up till last year when they did it)?

yes I've been to the Chatterbox with 70 roadrunner and recently with my 73 challenger

Auto Transport Service
Back