• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Freaking wind!

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
Watching the roof of my 25x25 shopcar port bouncing up and down making me wonder what's in store come late Monday. Slow moving front coming in and it's been windy for dang nearly a week now. The carport is tied down but most trailer houses are too....

Eastern Montana today: 30mph, gusts: 55

Yesterday: Wind: 50mph, gusts: 75. There might be something headed your way. Can you safely throw a couple ropes over the roof tied down to screw in dog tie or trailer house anchors?

Been quite windy up my way too last couple days. Southerly wind so suppose you're sending it here...you can stop anytime now, lol.

It's windy here again. We are in a dry slot. Lots of wind blowing up from the south. It starts down in Texas/Oklahoma. The back side of a big ol 'cyclone.

upload_2022-4-24_14-27-30.png

Sunny calm, mostly clear & mid 70*s today here :D

stay safe @Cranky or anyone in the path
in all seriousness
I hope it passes with no damage, good luck :drinks:

Watching the roof of my 25x25 shopcar port bouncing up and down making me wonder what's in store come late Monday. Slow moving front coming in and it's been windy for dang nearly a week now. The carport is tied down but most trailer houses are too....

I’m visiting Family in Colorado Spring and it was terribly windy on Friday. Really miserable outside. Couple wildfires broke out but they got them under control.

Last 3 days in Pahrump Nv 45 to 60 mph gusts. Dirt brown outs everywhere. Could hardly breath.

Way windy in SE Michigan today also, gorgeous 80 degree day
Tired of flipping back up the deck furniture today that’s for sure

Eastern Montana today: 30mph, gusts: 55

Yesterday: Wind: 50mph, gusts: 75. There might be something headed your way. Can you safely throw a couple ropes over the roof tied down to screw in dog tie or trailer house anchors?
Tied it down many years ago and replace the straps every few years. Used to only strap it down when there was a storm predicted but that got to be too much work so now I just leave em up there. Used to get the old straps from truckers that delivered to the plant. Seems like someone always had a set that they couldn't use anymore due to DOT regs. At least that's what they said. I think a cop can ticket a driver is he's running frayed straps? I don't have anymore of those anymore. They were pretty used up when I got them and I've been gone from there since 06 so I just get new ones when they go on sale.

Last 3 days in Pahrump Nv 45 to 60 mph gusts. Dirt brown outs everywhere. Could hardly breath.
We had some 50 mph winds early this week but no dust at least. Probably won't be long before we'll be getting the dust blown in from Africa which usually happens about late spring/early summer.

We watched it get up to 4 mph yesterday. I was worried sand was getting in my sandals.

We are smack dab in the middle of " Mud " season . Only blew about 20 today .
20220422_141702.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back