• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Disc Brake Conversion Push Rod

69'Net

Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
I ended up buying a front disk brake conversion kit from right stuff detailing. I'm keeping the brakes manual, the car was manual from the factory as well. I have the front disc's on and the proportioning valve installed. So far so good. My question is, can I use the OE brake pedal push rod with the new master cylinder? I cant seem to find much info on this. Seems like the better choice than the aftermarket adjustable that comes with it.

Not that up on it, but I used my stock MC push rod on mine (64, w/full conversion). Main thing is using a 'right' MC for the system...if the push rod works, go for it.

I just put stock Bendix discs on my original manual drum car. I will swap out the MC at some point, but I left all the pedals and MC rod stock which was what was already in the car. I have no issues and it stops good. - good luck

I have the same kit, did you have any problems getting the calipers on?, I was told you can use your stock MC and all the stock lines!, I just can't get the calipers on, any pictures?

Mount your spindle and rotor first then squeeze the piston side pad until it goes all the way in. Then get your head under the fender so you can see. You kind of have to line the caliper up evenly and slide them on. Another mistake I made initially is rear mounting the caliper, they need to be mounted toward the front to fit right. I used some of the stock lines. Make sure you replace the rear flex hose though. Mine was deteriorated on the inside. I ended up buying a new MC and used the adjustable push rod that came with. My brake light button would have been on all the time without the adjustable.

Auto Transport Service
Back