• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel delivery issue

Flow test results:
With regulator, 36 seconds per quart
Without regulator 30 seconds per quart
If your pump was to do what it is rated at it should pump without regulator .95 gallons in 30 seconds. You cant pump 1/4 of that in 36 seconds.

oops, The pump is rated at 7PSI max. 97GPH. Still the flow rate is low, approx an ounce per second (30 sec to pump 32 oz). I guess it is time to look for a stronger pump that is of a size I can mount closer to fuel tank

Or add a second little pump just supply the larger one

I think I will give that a try Don. If it doesn't work than I am going to have to find a way to get the mechanical pump rod replaced. Either get the plug out or tear the motor down to get cam out. Not many choices left.

I have a Walbro 255lph inline pump on my 700hp turbo jet boat w 750 double pumper. It is rated at 87psi. The regulator lowers psi to 6 and then boost references it up. Has lasted 6 yrs. For reference, 255lph is 67gph.
Screenshot_20210523-094804_Chrome.jpg

oops, The pump is rated at 7PSI max. 97GPH. Still the flow rate is low, approx an ounce per second (30 sec to pump 32 oz). I guess it is time to look for a stronger pump that is of a size I can mount closer to fuel tank
You do not need that regulator. Have you tried running with out it?

Yes, I did not put it back in after flow testing. I was too busy today to take it out, but it was running well last night. I need to lead out the mixture a tad too

Auto Transport Service
Back