• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel pressure problem - Mallory 140 electric pump

One other thing is to try and adjust the regulator in the pump

but most likely yes time for a rebuild or replacement
The Mallory is one of the quietest pumps when mounted correctly

if you step down to the Mallory 110 GPH you wont need the regulator, they are internally regulated
Thanks. I am going to dismantle this Mallory 140 and see if it can be rebuilt.
David

Took off the pump section. Everything looks clean and correct inside. Looks like time for a new pump. I am thinking of a Mallory Series 70 with no external regulator. I think it's enough pump for my Setup.

David

David

Sorry for the late reply. The Mallory 140 is an outstanding pump. Your installation is very odd and not at all what I have done. As I recall there is an in internal pressure bypass valve. Seems to me that may be your problem. Get the user manual off the internet and look for that. If you replace the 140 PM me.

Sorry for the late reply. The Mallory 140 is an outstanding pump. Your installation is very odd and not at all what I have done. As I recall there is an in internal pressure bypass valve. Seems to me that may be your problem. Get the user manual off the internet and look for that. If you replace the 140 PM me.

I did get what I could off the internet (https://documents.holley.com/29209_add.pdf) and disassembled the 140. I couldn't find anything wrong with it. I ordered a Mallory 70 but the order got cancelled and I needed the car on the road so I grabbed and installed a Carter P4070 along with the Mallory regulator. So far that combo is doing the job - putting out a steady 5PSI.

David

Auto Transport Service
Back