• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuses Question: 68 Coronet

68Coronet500!

Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but I'm trying to figure out what fuses to put in my 68 coronet. For some reason there are a different amp ratings on the fuses currently in the car. 10 AMP seems logical but there are a variety in the car so I'm confused.

Should they all be the same? There are slots for 6 fuses and it's the stock fuse box.

The FSM should have them and also the owners manual if you happen to have one. They vary

Look at the fuse box, the amp rating should be on the box...

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 7.20.35 AM.png

got it. some of mine are worn off but I can see at least 3 of them are 20 amp. I'll try and dig up a clean picture and go from there.

I believe all 20 amp except for dash lights which I think is 3 amps. 7 1/2 amps on the radio and back up.

https://mymopar.com/wiring-and-electrical/

The FSM tells you the amps of the fuses but the Mopar Fuse Guide will tell you if they are SFE/AGA/AGC fuses. I know the 20A in mine are SFE but the radio 5A is a AGC and the Instrument is AGC 3 or 4.

The overall length of the fuse also takes into account the maximum VOLTAGE rating. Fuses of this vintage sre rsted st 32 volts maximum. In addition, the fuse's current (AMP) rating is embossed on one of the fuse's end cap...i.e. 20A and the fuse type as in AGC.... the AGC stands for All Glass C interrupting rating. The modern fuses use a small, plug in type that are color coded as to their AMP rating, like ATC or Maxi
BUSS Fuses has a web site that can supply addition info if your interested. www.bussfuses.net
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back