• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gen 3 Hemi 1/4 mile times VS the stock vintage engines

I’m not buying that. There’s NO way a 505 out ran a HellCat. The HellCat has more gears, MORE HP and TORQUE and while it does weigh more, its brutal engine will walk away from a 505 anytime. I just don’t buy it.
thats your opinion , what I posted , happened , regardless of your opinion . You evidently cant read , I said untill we got well over 100mph. I still could have used my power adder , but dont think my car would be safe that much faster . It isnt the average 505 either , it was built to race ...havent had it on the dyno ,but an 18 time national record holder punched my combination in a program he has on his shop computer ,and came up with 761 h.p. ,after I dropped a cam size to make my fuel inj work better , with 3270 pounds , no stock parts except for the cryo treated block , you figure it out ....

The only way I would consider a Gen III an a classic B-body is if car was originally a 318 car. Then you are better setup for a small block. Thus Gen III option.

The engine design and options are pretty cool. But it's still a small block. And has no business trying to compete with after market big blocks. A Gen III is not a true hemi like a Gen II. And can't compete with aftermarket BBC Wedge engine builds.

This of course is just my opinion.

Below is a simple '74 Duster. With a 451. Single 4 barrel. 727 reverse valvebody to an 8 3/4 spooled rear with 4.56.1 gear set. I've run up against multiple Hellcats. And they didn't stand a chance. They are too heavy. But as important? Their HP and torque curve is too high RPM, thus too late.

Duster ran 10.80s on pump gas build. 10.20s on higher compression E-85 fuel build.

The Gen III is a cool street option. But you're going get thumped at the track with fairly simple garage built muscle. Starting with weight.

Recycler.JPG

Maybe you jumped to conclusions , I didnt say it would win in a quarter mile , and dam sure wouldn`t out top end it , but had him covered where we were at ...
If I ever find the short in it , I`ll try a hell cat out on the dragstrip "using my power adder like he was ...........??

The only way I would consider a Gen III an a classic B-body is if car was originally a 318 car. Then you are better setup for a small block. Thus Gen III option.

The engine design and options are pretty cool. But it's still a small block. And has no business trying to compete with after market big blocks. A Gen III is not a true hemi like a Gen II. And can't compete with aftermarket BBC Wedge engine builds.

he`s the one that said it was a 5.7 , it was a suprcharged 6.2 , brand new...
I had him covered as longbas I was going slow enough to kick down ro second gear, after it wastoo fast to kick down , hisstill would because of the 8 speed trans. = higher top end ...

A 5.7 that isn`t supercharged aint s--- !

he`s the one that said it was a 5.7 , it was a suprcharged 6.2 , brand new...
I had him covered as longbas I was going slow enough to kick down ro second gear, after it wastoo fast to kick down , hisstill would because of the 8 speed trans. = higher top end ...

A 5.7 that isn`t supercharged aint s--- !
In the end. A 5.7l is just a 350. Plenty of 350s with close to 400HP. Any Chevy guy can contest to that. And they will. Lol.

For me , it takes too much b.s. to make them run right ...

Food for thought, have the best of both worlds.... i mated a 8ph75 up to my warmed up 440. I can tell you with 100% confidence all the issues i had with my "old tech" was related to 3, very spread apart, gears.

The torque of the 440 paired with the gears of the 8 speed have me grinning ear to ear at every drive. There are hurdles no doubt, but being able to keep the engine bay and cool factor of the big block with the drivability of the modern trans is amazing.

caXgCUp.jpg

S3Us2mo.jpg

Video doesn't embed well so clicky clicky

h5XueDM.mp4

You need to post how ya did the 8hp swap…..please.

I should have good data for the question next spring.
Best with the 446 so far was 9.564 and 141mph.
A 450 inch gen 3 naturally aspirated will be going in the exact same setup this winter...
20230514_150621.jpg

Screenshot_20230607_190028_Facebook.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back