• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting ready for the strip!

Dealing with one small issue, getting it to shift cleanly at WOT. I have an auto CRT valve body and 5600 governor and I think they are giving me too much pressure raising my shift point beyond my cams power band. So I'm going to swap in a stocker governor and see if it helps.
Before you start changing stuff, do this first - Do a few WOT runs in a place that is safe to observe the rpm shift for both 1-2 and 2-3 shift points. Do it a couple times, then shorten the throttle pressure rod one or two revolutions and repeat. Sometimes one upshift rpm will be okay, and the other one will not.

When I've fine tuned the auto upshift, it usually takes two actions: 1) correct governor weight and spring to get 2-3 shift right, and then 2) change the 1-2 shift valve spring.

If they both shift too high (or low) make adjustments to the inner governor weight or spring

Before you start changing stuff, do this first - Do a few WOT runs in a place that is safe to observe the rpm shift for both 1-2 and 2-3 shift points. Do it a couple times, then shorten the throttle pressure rod one or two revolutions and repeat. Sometimes one upshift rpm will be okay, and the other one will not.

When I've fine tuned the auto upshift, it usually takes two actions: 1) correct governor weight and spring to get 2-3 shift right, and then 2) change the 1-2 shift valve spring.

If they both shift too high (or low) make adjustments to the inner governor weight or spring
I can adjust the Bouchillon cable where it will shift around 5700rpm but it then no longer downshifts into 1 when coming to a stop.

I think I figured it out lol
20220805_213916.jpg

Took it out after the governor swap and it upshifted in auto pretty good. Fixed an IAC glitch in the Holley Sniper. Felt that near 100 mph it was a little floaty on the road which could have been the winds. But anyway, I ordered a set of LCA stiffening plates and a new set of Bilstein front and rear shocks.

Beautiful car, very nice combo.
HAVE FUN and ENJOY your time at the track. Leave on last yellow. Drive around water if possible, not through it, and back up to the water or just spin 'em up for heat dry. It's important not to hold water in the treads or have it sling up into the wheelwells then drip down.
Apologies if you already know all that.
Put videos on the web and post links, like this:

New Bilsteins, poly sway bar bushings, and boxed in LCAs. Took it for a spin and it is pretty smooth. Cruising at 70mph was nice.
20220813_113345.jpg
20220813_113400.jpg

New Bilsteins, poly sway bar bushings, and boxed in LCAs. Took it for a spin and it is pretty smooth. Cruising at 70mph was nice. View attachment 1328078View attachment 1328079

Going the wrong way for track duty. I drop the sway bar and put loose extension shocks on to get it off the line. Track is smooth, handiling should not be an issue. Hooking the car usually is..

Going the wrong way for track duty. I drop the sway bar and put loose extension shocks on to get it off the line. Track is smooth, handiling should not be an issue. Hooking the car usually is..
It's a street car for the most part. I just want it to ride nice.

I'm hoping to get there next Saturday as the weather is suppose to be better.

It's a street car for the most part. I just want it to ride nice.

I'm hoping to get there next Saturday as the weather is suppose to be better.

I generally swap out those parts between street and strip. I drop the sway bar on my roadrunner for the track and put it back on for the street. I do leave the drag shocks on it. Needs all the help it can get for traction.

Drove up today at 1030am and the track was closed. No answer at the listed number, no info at the gate so I don't know what this places hours of operation are. I figured Saturday would be open for test and tune all morning. They don't have a website, only Facebook and I'm not a member of it. I'll try calling again this afternoon.

I hate the fact that everyone does thier business on Facebook. It’s a horrible platform.

I hate the fact that everyone does thier business on Facebook. It’s a horrible platform.
I am gravely concerned that so many people do so much on social media, including get their "news" because on too many platforms it's propaganda for authoritarian "elitists". I'll leave it at that so as to not break rules.

Finally ran the GTX tonight. TNT best time was 13.1 at 106. I'll get video up in a bit.

Very Cool!
What track?
Can you post your time slips?

If you were running at Roswell at 7 pm, the DA was 6100 ft, corrected to std conditions - 12.1 @ 115 mph. That's a great first outing.

Last edited:
Post up the slips ! Drag racing is all about the numbers!

Hope you had a great time

Very Cool!
What track?
Can you post your time slips?

If you were running at Roswell at 7 pm, the DA was 6100 ft, corrected to std conditions - 12.1 @ 115 mph. That's a great first outing.
It was at Roswell, racing between 7pm and 8pm. We had a great time. There were street cars, newer supercharged/turboed Camaros running 10's over 140mph.
20221021_214546.jpg

20221021_214541.jpg

20221021_214535.jpg

20221021_214526.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back