• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting ready for the strip!

It was at Roswell, racing between 7pm and 8pm. We had a great time. There were street cars, newer supercharged/turboed Camaros running 10's over 140mph.
View attachment 1361772
View attachment 1361773
View attachment 1361774
View attachment 1361775
Pretty consistent. Times

IMO you should be able to mustard up a better hole shot running the ET tires. 1.8x should be well within reach. Did you notice any spinning off the line ?

I looked over your engine setup and see your running the holley sniper kit. I'm not much help there. Can you look at your run data ? What the A/F threw out the run ?

Pretty consistent. Times

IMO you should be able to mustard up a better hole shot running the ET tires. 1.8x should be well within reach. Did you notice any spinning off the line ?

I looked over your engine setup and see your running the holley sniper kit. I'm not much help there. Can you look at your run data ? What the A/F threw out the run ?
There was some spin so I had to stay out of wot from the line. My second run (no timeslip posted above) I spun em bad.

Even with me sleeping at the light this was my best run 13.1 at 106.8 :)

Pretty consistent. Times

I wasn't sure how much of a burnout I needed to get the tires sticky. My very first run against the red Mustang I lit em up decently and they spun very little. Tried that my second run and they melted off the line. The rest of my runs were dry, I drove around the burnout box. It was fun!

Hmmm brand new tires? Did you do a good burnout before ?

Just saw your response.... you have to find out what those tires like. Driving around the box you could have picked up crap on the tires as well. I would stick to a consistent routine and work on duplicating it.

With my slicks the more heat the better I find . I know it's a different tire but I belive the compounds are similar

Hmmm brand new tires? Did you do a good burnout before ?

Just saw your response.... you have to find out what those tires like. Driving around the box you could have picked up crap on the tires as well. I would stick to a consistent routine and work on duplicating it.

With my slicks the more heat the better I find . I know it's a different tire but I belive the compounds are similar
I'll try heating them up more next time out. My first run of the night, first run on the track that night, it bit good. I drove through the water and spun them up. It may have been a prepped track too.

Looks like you had some good times. Car sounds sweet

IMO you should be able to mustard up a better hole shot running the ET tires. 1.8x should be well within reach.

Yep. With nothing more than practice on the starting line, you should be able to get to a 1.9, maybe better. That alone will get you to 12.9, maybe 12.80s.

IMO you should be able to mustard up a better hole shot running the ET tires. 1.8x should be well within reach.
Yep. With nothing more than practice on the starting line, you should be able to get to a 1.9, maybe better. That alone will get you to 12.9, maybe 12.80s.
When I read the ET and MPH I thought about a couple years back when I ran my 70 440 6bbl Roadrunner at the track at least a half dozen or more times each trip. It's a damn shame I haven't been back for so long, especially with all the great traction, strengthening, stiffening, and go faster equipment I've had installed for 2+ years now. Anyway, 13.3 to 13.5 was my ET, and always at least 105 as fast as 108 but my 60 ft times were bad at 2.1 to 2.3.. I'd either smoke the drag radials or I'd more often roll out at part throttle a car length or 2 then hammer down the rest of the way. I have lots of "stuff" installed now that should make a huge improvement in traction and launch capabilities, but I have to make the time to go.

Pretty consistent. Times

In the excitement I never set it to record data lol. Seemed to run very well. No hiccups at all.

Auto Transport Service
Back