• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting ready to order some tires....last minute thoughts ?

Garceau

Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score
66 Satellite -
500 plus inches under the hood
3:73 rear

Looking for a tire that rides well, handles "OK" in the corners (as well as expected), gets a decent amount of traction on the road/street. Not looking for a bias ply or a dedicated "slick type" street tire.

Really leaning heavily towards Cooper Cobras - but just thought I would check if there is anything else I should look at.

I'm a BFG guy myself....
230.jpg
232.jpg

I'm very happy with my Mickey Thompsons Sportsman S/T's. They seem to handle track use and street use well, and aren't wearing down as fast as I'd expect them to.

Here are the sizes on my 69' Bee

Front Rim: 15x8, 4.5 bs

Front Tire: 245/60R15

Rear Rim: 15x10, 5.5 bs

Rear Tire: 295/50R15

IMG_07448.jpg IMG_3337.jpg

66 Satellite -
500 plus inches under the hood
3:73 rear

Looking for a tire that rides well, handles "OK" in the corners (as well as expected), gets a decent amount of traction on the road/street. Not looking for a bias ply or a dedicated "slick type" street tire.

Really leaning heavily towards Cooper Cobras - but just thought I would check if there is anything else I should look at.
Nothing wrong with Cooper Cobras. Really decent tire and way cheaper than the BFG tires.

Cooper is a much better tire than a TA. Now you can drive safely on wet pavement, or go up a slight incline on wet grass. LOL

I have a few sets of both.

Last edited:
IMO Cooper and M/T are better than BFG's these days. I don't trust BFGs anymore after I've had a few separate.

cha se.JPG

Don't forget how the BFG letters can possibly turn brown. There is that problem.

I was going to order Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S for the Dart, 8 - 14 week backlog. Went with the Cooper Cobras.

Radial T/A's look good, but after 2 years of season changes, sunlight etc. they get like hockey pucks. Forget cornering.

I put a set of Coopers on my Road Runner after the BFG's developed a belt separation. No complaints with the Coopers.

I've been a BFG guy for a long time....but I am willing to change. Lots of great feedback on the Cooper's.

I guess I'll need to update my decals if I change brands.... :rolleyes:

:xscuseless:

upload_2022-2-16_14-45-42.png

:lol:

Had bfg’s on a pos Passat. They seemed slippery. Shortly after the first Cooper purchase we got caught in a shower on I-5. Coronet was stable in the rain at 70. And those were 295’s. They smell good when roasting and are relatively inexpensive.

X10 on the Coopers. Just watch the date on them. I found mine to be three years old after having them mounted. No biggie I guess, it's just the thought.

Auto Transport Service
Back