• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Going to buy this drone for the drsgstrip

does the track have any regulation on these being used ,and what about the insurance that might be needed ? :thinker:

That would be cool. Have it running down the track before the cars and follow the whole race. Like having a cable camera.

It would make for some great race footage, I have a feeling the track would not allow it unless one of their employees is controlling it.

does the track have any regulation on these being used ,and what about the insurance that might be needed ? :thinker:

Who knows, but it will be up high and deep and wont be a concern for any racers or spectators. There is no regulation as far as drones are concerned as of now.

Who knows, but it will be up high and deep and wont be a concern for any racers or spectators. There is no regulation as far as drones are concerned as of now.

Just keep the missiles off of it!!

Post up the footage once you get it.

That would be pretty cool. Nhra use to chase the Top Fuelers down the track, from a helicopter. Cool footage but I'm sure they were real high with a long lense.
The drone in the add you're looking at didn't have a camera. And Im wondering what would be the range of control?

I bet someone shoots it down if you are in my area of the country. Everyone thinks the Gov't is out to get them & will think they are being spied on.

I bet someone shoots it down if you are in my area of the country. Everyone thinks the Gov't is out to get them & will think they are being spied on.

well, if it's over my farm (if I had one), target practice is in session...and not from the govt, from the bleeding hearts are out to get farmers who "abuse" their animals. Dont these morons get that this is the farmers' livelihood?? the better they treat their animals, the more they are worth at market. some people just have no clue.

but on the track, it would be super cool. that is if the track will allow it. damn lawyers :cwm10:

cool stuff, should make for some cool videos & photos
does it have enough "lift capability" to add a go-pro type camera ??

- - - Updated - - -

but on the track, it would be super cool. that is if the track will allow it. damn lawyers :cwm10:

exactly, liability will be the 1st reason for refusal, if they say anything,
probably 1/2 the spectators ticket & race entry prices are insurance costs,
it was when I ran a track

there starting to gov. these things big time now ,lawyers will have a field day .

Sounds like a great idea. Might even be able to monetize it. Friend uses a bigger more $$$ one to film golf courses for marketing purposes and makes decent $ w/ it.

Auto Transport Service
Back