• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Goddess heart surgery

The bowtie ones fit but are just a touch smaller in od. Many have used them without issues as thats what generally comes in the plug pack. It's personal preference on which to use. Me, I use the Mope sized ones. The Mope ones are the shallow dish too so you need to be careful putting them in straight etc. I generally used some #2 Permatex on them as an added seal. At one time I used an old diesel engine wrist pin as my driver since the size was close to the id of the plug. Socket gets used now.

Hmmm....I never knew that Ma Mopar used this odd size. I always used the 1 5/8" and have never had one fall out.
Am I lucky ?

Ok, so it’s just me. I usually use copper coat, but my Oreilly’s didn’t have it, so I’m hoping this stuff works.

I think I’ve always used 1 5/8, which is probably why I don’t remember the other size. I’ve never had any issues with them falling out

4CE123EF-7FC3-4A8B-91A8-724E6E814DBF.jpeg

May help that you and I don't live in the great white north or other areas that may affect the size difference. I too have use the 5/8 in the past, just got picky about it later on in life. Probably one of those picking fly poo out of pepper moments when it gets down to it.

All but 1 have been installed. The last one the old freeze plug fell in, and I haven’t been able to get it out. I’m debating on just making it it’s prison and just leaving there

09643F20-10A5-4A75-8AD7-8720887D31D6.jpeg

I'd try my best to get it out of there. Might be a flow restriction. You could use a magnet. 90* needle nose pliers, small screwdriver bent at an angle? If you get a hold of it bring it through the hole sideways. Good luck!

I've bent welding rod to dig out debris and freeze plugs. A few minutes of work will be worth the effort.

It can be be eventually worked out. Magnet might not work on brass

It has to come out. You're doing heart surgery - what kind of surgeon would leave old parts in there and just sew her up?

It has to come out. You're doing heart surgery - what kind of surgeon would leave old parts in there and just sew her up?
hes right you know.gif
Opposite of the surgeons I've had - they like to take extreeee pieces of me out while they've been in there. :)

Life got in the way for a bit, but I’m back on it. I was having trouble getting the cam out, I bought this tool off Amazon, and bam cams out. They really did a great job machining it in 1969 :lol:

I was trying to get the springs off so I can change the valve seals, but I couldn’t get the valve to stay still, any suggestions?

1C033A9F-F88C-4013-BBCC-A12AAB70A336.jpeg

C4C199FB-9056-4934-919E-0B94854AF13A.jpeg

F2629DE7-6E31-44FE-88C9-5F5100D70D69.jpeg

Yep. Life come first. It always does. Good or bad. It always does.

When I put the car together originally, the engine didn’t have any of the front assembly so I had to piece it together. I used a cheap alternator bracket, which I had to modify heavily, and the spacer, which apparently broke when I took it apart.

What do the right parts look like, and where do I get?

609A8833-3465-4551-8138-755C542CB03B.jpeg

AF36B097-3777-4AE8-B067-6AC9179BCD7E.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back