• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got the Charger moved...and made a mess along the way!

Donniejr81

Local time
5:23 PM
Reaction score
We decided to move our 71 Charger to my father in law's shop to have a lift and specialty tools at our disposal...great plan! Upon pulling the car around from the carport to the trailer, I not only blew out a new wheel cylinder, but also the new master cylinder...brake fluid all over the wheel and painted firewall.

Got him loaded and tied down aaaand dripping antifreeze from the brand new lower hose and aluminum radiator. When we were unloading the trans pan (in my REBUILT tranny) developed a leak and was smoking like a freight train on the header.

So now I get to go on leak patrol instead of finishing up the undercoating...WTH! One step forward, three steps back!

I'm not making fun of the incident. You should have a nice shop with good equipment to work on him now.
Yep one step forward and three steps backwards, but in the end you will be farther then when you started.:thumbsup:

I hope you got the brake fluid off your paint right away. It will dissolve the paint in short order.

Yeah I'm HOPING I got the fluid cleaned up quick enough. If not, I still haven't painted the car yet so I have plenty paint.

But with everything that went awry, it felt so good idling along in a big block Mopar through an old school chambered exhaust. Just no sudden stops LOL!

Been there so I feel your pain. Initial startup on the engine and atf line was loose. Coated everything...EVERYTHING! Then a water pump bolt refused to seal. Then the trans shift cable decided to stop sealing. One after the other.

Once they are fixed, clean up and move on. It's worth it in the end.

Dude I've had one of those days they suck. Got any pictures of it getting un earthed

Nah I haven't gotten any new car **** in awhile. I'm hoping to this weekend though. The wife even mentioned using our vacation time and savings for Charger time...is she cool or what! And she takes way better pics than I do too.

Been down that road before!!

Auto Transport Service
Back