• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotta Give Gas Monkey Garage Some Creds For This!

In my opinion you still have to give them credit for helping bring back the art of restoring cars. Do you guys think classic cars would be as popular today as it is without that show coming on 2/3 years ago

Wow... that was interesting. They ended the auction early at $51,377, which was well above what they were thinking they would get for the car. Looks like a couple of the outrageous bids were retracted, but someone went in and cancelled the rest. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

According to their website, they cancelled the bids they felt were bogus. The winner lives in MD and is having the car shipped there.

I kind of like the "Bullitt Mustang"..... but that is $51,000.00 butt ugly,:edgy: so many other things you could do with 51K.

:happy1:
I have viewed the "show" on occasion but never could stomach it for a whole hour.

Like Arron said when Richard was whining about the interior and saying how he didn't think anyone who looked inside the car would want to buy it, "there's a butt for every seat". I guess if you show a car to enough butts, you'll find there are more than one who want it and will bid the price up to get it.

It'll be interesting to see if they try to do more of this interactive selling.

Still it would have made a great roadkill car, I could have built a great rat rod/ rust rod with that a modern suspension, nos, and a new jag engine ( not including replacing the floor, fender aprins, and the frame rails). Plus they only do mustangs/ fords/ chevys, and when they do a mopar they turn it into an abortion and sell it for too much. I have been around the other two brands my entire life, and am sick of em as a hobby, I went to mopar for something different an that is what I got. I need to see more than just mustangs and boxy chevys to be impressed. Now don't get me wrong I have two ford trucks, and respect the cars when I see em at shows, but in my garage I refuse to own them

Like Arron said when Richard was whining about the interior and saying how he didn't think anyone who looked inside the car would want to buy it, "there's a butt for every seat". I guess if you show a car to enough butts, you'll find there are more than one who want it and will bid the price up to get it.

It'll be interesting to see if they try to do more of this interactive selling.
It would be a better gamble than the auctions he's been doing lately, but then where will he get way too drunk & buy all his cars then ??...LOL...

for $50,000 i would much rather have the Falcon they built...right up my pro-touring obsessed alley

It would be a better gamble than the auctions he's been doing lately, but then where will he get way too drunk & buy all his cars then ??...LOL...

In the episode when the Thunderbird showed up, Arron did ask Richard when the last time he was drunk and on ebay was. :)

Places like these did not bring back the art of restoring cars..they brought back the art of the mop and glow used car salesman..I like the show and the guys.. but for the most part they are not doing top quality stuff..They do it too fast for a quality result..even the paint for crying out loud ..they add paint colour to the primer so they don't use as much paint..not to mention bondo and such needs time for the all of the solvents to evaporate as does epoxy primer..if you do it to quick you will end up with gas bubbles..looks good when its done but not so good in time..not to mention that '72 mustang..a four barrel carberetor without a cam change..and the engine not rebuilt, a low compression worn cam with choked up heads..lets put a performer and a four barrel on it..thats what you do in high school..what about proper exhaust sizing ..that thing is a joke..that certainly is not the "art" of restoring cars..I like watching the show for the cars (not the work) and Richard makes me laugh..

Auto Transport Service
Back