• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graveyard Carz

I agree about b.s. But I DVR the episodes. I can fast forward throught the junk and get to the cars if need be. I have a 12 yr. old daughter and my girlfriends son is 11. Anytime I can get away from watching their spongebob crap is worth the b.s. I like: Chop Cut Rebuild, American Hotrod, Overhaulin, and Desert Car Kings, but they all have b.s in them shows too. C.C.R is dull and boring at times. A.H used to do off the wall sh** that had nothing to do with hotrod's. Overhaulin pranks just annoy the hell out of me. D.C.K has their crap too.

I enjoy the show GYC because its the only Mopar exclusive show on tv right now. I also have GYC as a friend on facebook. I tell you the post's of their work and quality is second to non. If anyone wants to view their work and skip the drama, go over to their FB page and see for your self. I even sent a message to Mark about my 72 Rallye back in May/June of last year. And come to find out they have a 72 Top Banana Charger Rallye in this new season two. So you know I'm waiting eagerly to see what transpires over that build. 429539_10151214630602918_1599666459_n.jpg This is the car gyc is going to restore.

I like the show and talk to the crew on Facebook. They pretty much do the show for very little profit, and it's for the love of Mopars. Last night's show was pretty good as far as I'm concerned, and as a diecast collector, I enjoyed the diecast.

keep graveyard carz ratings up!!

hi, new to this site - found it when looking up GYC info. my husband and i LOVE this show. we got Velocity recently so found the reruns of season one first, then beginning of new season. we watch tons of car shows, like some more than others for various reasons. husband is Mopar or no-par. gotten a little tired of strictly "how-to" shows. when we found GYC, at first i said "no way, reminds me of b. coddington's treatment of his employees", which i HATED. mark seemed like a total jerk. but then i began to notice how absurd his comments are and how weird the relationships were at the shop. we couldn't figure any of it out - why did the "employees" refer to other "real jobs" and leave during the day? why did mark have to beg them to stay on task? are they just friends volunteering? after 3 shows we decided it was all HI-larious. mark is so droll and the looks on his face are PRICELESS! he is so on-fire to be the most educated mopar expert he can't see why anyone is interested in anything else. we laugh so hard we don't care if they are camping it up for extra drama. i don't think you can really fake how patiently josh puts up with the abuse ("Longturd"! haha) or how bitter darren (i mean "Chips" haha) seems to be. when josh was sent to the yard to bring in "the plenum" and came back after awhile to tell mark it wasn't out there, the look on mark's face when he told josh he was already holding the found plenum...oh the joy!! mark is a button-pusher for sure. we joke about what put-downs he'd invent for us! hubby is now perfecting his "mark face"; the best one is the weasel-y one when he looks at the camera and kinda curls up one side of his lip into some kind of bizarre...smile?! we don't mind the family stuff or bickering, it's the stuff of life and we are cherishing this show! let's try to keep it on for Mopar sake if nothing else - cheers!

I've been watching the show today and it's more tolerable so far today with more car stuff and less stupid ****

I couldn't agree more Mulky. Welcome to FBBO and a great first post!

Being the head cheerleader for GYC got me a lot of grief over the last few months. I hate to say it, but the biggest problem is Daren Kirkpatrick. I've never had anyone lie and backbite me as bad as Daren has. I'm really surprised knowing what I know that Mark still lets him come around and be on the show. That's my 2 cents and I don't plan to elaborate any more on the subject.

Being the head cheerleader for GYC got me a lot of grief over the last few months. I hate to say it, but the biggest problem is Daren Kirkpatrick. I've never had anyone lie and backbite me as bad as Daren has. I'm really surprised knowing what I know that Mark still lets him come around and be on the show. That's my 2 cents and I don't plan to elaborate any more on the subject.

Then why post this and not tell us! lol It is like saying here is a dollar but that candy bar cost $1.01 with tax...now run along lol.

Come on tell us!!!!!

I love the show and I get that the guys are friends, been friends and are all family.

It will all come out in the end. Like the proverbial dog, Chips is gonna have his day. What goes around comes around.

Just watched the episode "Phantasm Cuda" and I must say it was one of the better episodes. Not only did they get more done, with little screwing around, but Mark went over how to tell if a car is all original, minor details that show if it is a restored car or original and what a "survivor" is. It's a big improvement over the last few shows I have watched. If it stays on this coarse then I will say Bravo!

Thomas

I've seen two recently, and I must say it has gotten better.

There is definitely more time spent on the cars and more explanation of what is going on.

The BS/drama however seems to have taken some leaps.
There seems to be an increase in drama "quality" or sensationalism to make up for the lack of quantity.

My money says the "chip" episode was totally planned/scripted.
"Professionals" don't do that kind of crap.

My money says the "chip" episode was totally planned/scripted.
"Professionals" don't do that kind of crap.

You might be right - and the only thing that turns me off these types of shows are blatantly obvious "scripted" drama. I don't mind the occasional embellishment or stretching the truth, but outright fakery is uncalled for. If you're going to make something up, just throw in additional footage of the Mopars.

Either way, I speak the truth. :icon_fU:
Yes of the individual viewers, not everyone has a love rest with the show or is buddies with Mark... The show did improve a ever so small little bit, the last show of the season, finally started to show some MOPAR relevant material, I'm not one of the lovers, I personally feel it makes them look like, let's just say "less than the brightest tools in the shed"..... More information less BS, is a better formula... PERIOD, let's see a better car show, that's all thep majority wants to see.... If I had the money I would do my own show, but since I don't & I'm not any way near as much of a camera hound as Mark obviously is, but it's still my opinion that I'm able to give on what could be a great show...

Auto Transport Service
Back