• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graveyard Carz

Mark is here in fbbo, not posting too often though.

I told him to come on over on facebook and he answered and said he would try on Sunday to stop in and talk with us all. I tell you guys I have seen some good Mopars in Marks neck of the woods on craigslist.

Now if I could just get GYC to play Santa!!!!!!!

i think Graveyard Cars should take a lesson from those 2 British dudes on Wheeler Dealers. i learn more stuff on that show about cars that ill never own in my life, than i will watching 3 grown men acting like kindergarteners or poncy hair dressers arguing constantly and having the premise of the show revolve around pumpkins, or new born babies......because when someone mentions that show, thats EXACTLY what i think of.

i think the producers are to blame there for that, and their "drama" backfired on them thinking it was gonna keep our interest when in reality, the majority of us would rather watch the rug-rats or Hanna Montana or SpongeBoBsquarepants than those morons. but i cant blame the cast totally, im sure there are powers that be that wanted them to act like that. let me be the first to tell the producers....IT AINT WORKING !

When i heard of this program i was a little ticked i couldn't get it, But from what ive read, i didn't miss anything, and if they cut up a Charger dash to get a pin for a brake, thats just strange, Ive seen shows where you have to give them time or grow to like it but this don't sound like one thats growing on many.

ron i couldnt get them either but all of season 1 is on u-tube

i think Graveyard Cars should take a lesson from those 2 British dudes on Wheeler Dealers. i learn more stuff on that show about cars that ill never own in my life, than i will watching 3 grown men acting like kindergarteners or poncy hair dressers arguing constantly and having the premise of the show revolve around pumpkins, or new born babies......because when someone mentions that show, thats EXACTLY what i think of.

i think the producers are to blame there for that, and their "drama" backfired on them thinking it was gonna keep our interest when in reality, the majority of us would rather watch the rug-rats or Hanna Montana or SpongeBoBsquarepants than those morons. but i cant blame the cast totally, im sure there are powers that be that wanted them to act like that. let me be the first to tell the producers....IT AINT WORKING !

I second that!

Thanks anyway Stuart, but I don't do Facebook, Twitter or any of the many social network crap, I waste enough/plenty of my time on the "Mopar related forums already", I wouldn't ever get anything done on my stuff/projects... lifes way to short to spend all my spare time on the social media crap...LOL...

Thanks anyway Stuart, but I don't do Facebook, Twitter or any of the many social network crap, I waste enough/plenty of my time on the "Mopar related forums already", I wouldn't ever get anything done on my stuff/projects... lifes way to short to spend all my spare time on the social media crap...LOL...

I hear ya , there a several all mopar and mopar swap pages I hang out in on face book

Well did anyone see the season 2 premier last night?
What did you think?

Well did anyone see the season 2 premier last night?
What did you think?

It's on the DVR waiting for me. My take on it (even without seeing season 2 yet) is that any show with classic Mopars is better than any show without. So count me in. Maybe it's just me but I've sat through some of, if not THE worst movies just to watch a Mopar race through a desert or jump off a broken bridge.

it's on my DVR....putting off the painful viewing...but I love MoPars too much not to watch. "It's Ugly but I just can't look away".....
Sonny

I watched it last night. They got a 69 Daytona from New York. His daughters wedding took up some of the show, but all in all it looks like a promising season of GYC. Can't wait to see the rest of the phanton cuda resurrection. They got some work done on it finally. And the new Challenger SRT8 is one sweat machine..

Last night was the first episode I watched, and I wasn't very impressed. Seemed like the first 20 minutes or so was all about a wedding, and the next 40 minutes was spent making a way overblown deal over a new Challenger. You get a Daytona Charger on the deck, and you're obsessing about a new Challenger??? If we want to know more about the Challengers we can all go down the street to the local Dodge dealership!

One of the things is with the new Challenger is they get it from Chrysler so it looks like they are taking an interest in the show. Also they gave out vin numbers to the son in law as a quiz and it was good for anyone new. That was good info.

I like when they got the Cuda back from the dipper and started to work on it man thats a lot of work. Also can't wait to see other cars that are in the works from last season. I really like that they got in a Daytona and will be getting in the Superbird.

One of the things is with the new Challenger is they get it from Chrysler so it looks like they are taking an interest in the show. Also they gave out vin numbers to the son in law as a quiz and it was good for anyone new. That was good info.

I like when they got the Cuda back from the dipper and started to work on it man thats a lot of work. Also can't wait to see other cars that are in the works from last season. I really like that they got in a Daytona and will be getting in the Superbird.

Yeah, it's nice info, but who cares? I can get the same info from any one of a thousand websites. :) What I can't get is a chance to get up close and personal with a Daytona. You want to get interest in a show you're making? Try giving your audience something they can't get anywhere else.

Yeah, it's nice info, but who cares? I can get the same info from any one of a thousand websites. :) What I can't get is a chance to get up close and personal with a Daytona. You want to get interest in a show you're making? Try giving your audience something they can't get anywhere else.

I get what you are saying but its a good thing too. There are a lot of young fans and family members that are thinking of getting into the hobby that are scared to ask some questions on these boards because they dont want to seem like they dont know anything. That part of the show was a little helpful and may send them this way to read up and find things out and ask the questions.

I agree and Mark did say that they will be getting into the Daytona and Superbird but I think more towards the end of the season (They have three or four cars being worked on right now) and season three will have them in it. I also think the first season was 7 shows and now that its been picked up I'm sure they will get more shows in and more time. They are leaning towards showing more of the cars and giving the info.

Yes season 1 was 6 episodes. From what I understand season 2 will be 12 episodes

I get what you are saying but its a good thing too. There are a lot of young fans and family members that are thinking of getting into the hobby that are scared to ask some questions on these boards because they dont want to seem like they dont know anything. That part of the show was a little helpful and may send them this way to read up and find things out and ask the questions.

I agree with all that, but the point is these guys have to fill out about 45 minutes of airtime with content that's going to make people want to come back and catch the next show. They need to make every minute counts, and the best way to do that is to offer your audience something different than what they can get anywhere else. I guarantee you there are a lot more guys interested in seeing more of that Daytona (aside from seeing it roll off the truck and a quick walkaround) than are interested in seeing your daughter's wedding or you building your kids' interest in classic cars.

I mean seriously... watching some guy using die cast cars like anatomical models to teach a newbie the finer points of a Challenger for 10+ minutes, especially when they've got the real cars at their disposal? And then burning more time to let the guy who just wasted our time with the die casts talk about what a great thing he just did? What were they thinking!

Still the same old show, I hope it gets better, still just too much BS, not enough about the cars, it was a little better, I actually like the part where he is teaching the kid about VIN ID the other guy Darren had a much better approach to teaching thou... I know it's just the season opener, I don't expect much either after last season, but at least I know the characters now, maybe that will help keep some interest.... IMHO for what ever that's worth, the Daytona & Superbird are being used as a big tease, just to keep people tuned in, they haven't finished most of what they were working on last season yet, according to Mark from his posts over @ DC.com, they are supposed to be more about the cars this season, with much less of the BS... The daughters wedding was part of the family & shop, daughter & son in-law both work there, so I don't hold that against them, it's a proud moment in every father life.... IMHO that 71 440/6bbl Cuda' will basically just be re-bodied when done, No matter what Mark claims, there's almost nothen' left of it, after removing all the damage, Mark was acting like he's "so damn self riotous", about saving as much of the original 40+ y/o parts, that nobody in the business can do what he does, I guess it's a little chest pounding, but there's nothen' but door jams, part of the roof & part of the frame rails left...LOL.... Like his worker said just another re-body basically, almost all the sheet metal will be reproduction stuff... Building a car around the dash a VIN # & a roof line...LOL... But, I will continue to watch, even thou I think they act like a batch of squirrels that have OCD or lost all their nuts, sometimes... I look forward to the Daytona & Superbird builds {cars owned by members over @ DodgeCharger.com forum} & will continue to watch, mainly because it's the only Mopar specific show on TV.... that's my opinion & like *** holes, everyone has one

Auto Transport Service
Back