• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green tuff wheels?

YY1

Local time
6:43 AM
Reaction score
Ever since I got me Satellite with it's F8 green interior, I've been pondering two things:

1- Why does my 98% unmolested and original car have a 99% green interior and a black steering wheel. The horn button was green, but the wheel is black.

I'm relatively sure it's original.

2- I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen a green tuff wheel. Besides black, I've seen red, tan (maybe even 2 shades), and two different shades of blue, but I don't think I've ever seen green.

You would think that with such a ridiculously high percentage of 70 and up Mopars being built with green interiors, that I'd have seen at least one at some point.

in all my days , ive seen the ones you posted and I even had a white one in a 76 aspen R/T, but ive have never seen a green one either.

As much as MoPar seemed to be hung up on green.......it was everywhere, you'd reckon they'd made one.....but I ain't ever seen one either.

*DISCLAIMER* I don't know **** since none of my MoPars run.

Maybe chalk this up the "why is an E body tuff wheel different than an A/B body?"

The A/B part is SO MUCH better (and ahead of it's time).

Think of all the money they could have saved on tooling if they'd just used the same wheel.

I had a 73 charger se ithad a all blue int with black tuff wheel and black center . im thinking they didnt come out with different color wheels till 75/76 i cant ever remember seeing a diff color till 76 on f bodies and trucks ,

191.jpg You mean like this one. Or the wheel with the center horn button.

I had a 73 charger se ithad a all blue int with black tuff wheel and black center . im thinking they didnt come out with different color wheels till 75/76 i cant ever remember seeing a diff color till 76 on f bodies and trucks ,

I think this may be correct.

Don't know why I didn't think of it that way before.

Coronet14- that's the standard wheel with the upgrade center.

I'm talking about the small diameter, thick, foamy "Tuff" wheels with aluminum "spokes".

- - - Updated - - -

...THE BEST performance factory steering wheel EVER...until MUCH later (like the 90's).

The trans am wheels were close, but Mopar was first and offered across the A/B body lines.

Auto Transport Service
Back