• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greetings from sunny (and rainy) FL

YY1

Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
As a kid, I had turned into a BOP guy after seeing way too many Novas and Malibus.

(I do have some vintage pics of my firts two cars, a 55 Buick and a 66 Olds 98.)

That lasted until I was about 15 and found this for $500 (The Coronet).

Mom was kind of looking for a car and we also looked at a 74 Nova.

I told her I would pay her back the $500 if we bought the Dodge, since I was completely enamoured with it. Poly 318, A/C and blue interior with power windows.

012_12.jpg

continuing...

Missing from my colletion are the 66 4D parts car I bought for $75, and the replacement 67 Coronet I bought during a deep depression that occured after I hit two trees at 65 MPH after running off the road in the rain and narrowly missing a 67 Mustang and 63 T Bird.

After moving to FL, I found this in the Auto trader:

(The under hood shot is after building a date correct 383 HP for it)
(Note that wonderful harness bulkhead repair)

Top Banana, black int, bench, auto, air.

B F.jpg

B R.jpg

B UH.jpg

So the 67 made it to FL, but after I changed the trans filter, the trans failed (I have had bad luck with that). That car ran so well it dripped clean water out of the tail pipe and so smooth, I could balance a pen on end on top of the air cleaner. I limped it to a parking lot and arranged with the manager not to have it towed until the weekend. On Saturaday when I went to pick it up, it was gone, towed Friday. B*ST*RD! Car was manual everything but could be parallel parked w/ one hand.

After I had the Bee a while the trans went out (I stopped changing filters after that), So I decided to build a motor at the same time.

I needed something to drive, so I looked in the classifieds and found this, again for $500. Everything worked but the air. 318 sway bars 3:23 SG. Nice black int. Bet it was pretty when new- silver with black strobes and top.

JS23G R.jpg

JS23G F.jpg

Breif history of my previous Chrysler products

OK this one's not...

So the Challenger was pretty rusty, and something was wrong with the front end, the tires kept spreading farther apart until it was undriveable. I ended up keeping some stuff and parting it out for more than I paid for it.

While driving around just looking for old cars I came across this. This time the price was $1100, but it was worth it. Original owner, original spare tire, and no one had ever set the timing in over 20 years. 351C, "comfort weave" int buckets and console and A/C. I've never seen another 71 351C car with a shaker hood. They've all been 429 cars. Check out those interesting and somewhat unusual rally wheels. Took 2 years to find a "G". That's the original paint circa 1991

GT 1.jpg

GT 2.jpg

Breif history of my previous Chrysler products II

I can't currently find any pics of the next car. It was an 86 CS turbo Daytona. I bought it as a total from a dealership. Put on a new frond facia and all was well. Red black leather 5 speed T tops. Very fun, but broke an awful lot. I bought it beacuse I got a job that required a 45 plus one way commute and knew the 351 was getting tired.

While I was several states away on vacation the front motor mount broke and slung CV bearings all over the road. I called all the parts houses and salvage ops but couldn't locate the parts I needed. My friend who I was visiting traded me for his duster because one of his relatives wanted a turbo car. I definately got the better end of that deal. I stillfeel I owe him a duster, in fact. loaded 318 car, buckets/console A/C, original Top Banana, Rallyes, had fresh 360. I put in a B body 8 3/4 and 3:23 SG. Bad pic, but it's all I got

Duster.jpg

After a few years the Duster started rusting at the rocker, and the Torino wouldn't run any more. I was poor with no garage, and one had to go. I sold the duster via the fairly new to comerce internet circa 1997. For a while I had a 1986 S10. Biggest crap vehicle I ever owned. This was the replacement. Had a decent new job and paid 8K, but that was 3K under low book at the time and it had that paint... 3.9 was a bit anemic, though.

Dak I.jpg

Breif history of my previous Chrysler products III

Forgot the part about selling the Bee. Before they made factory seam quarters and deck panels, I bought a whole $100 Coronet, just to get one good quarter. I was running out of room and the city decided to fine everyone with "abandoned" cars. I kept the Torino, but paid $99 storage at a mini whse, and reluctantly sold the Bee. New owner got the car and two trailers of parts. Funny seeing that whole quarter and filler strapped to their S10 blazer. (I'm quietly weeping right now).

So, after several years of outstanding service and 110,000, the dakota pops the hose from the pump to the intake. I drove it about three blocks farther than I should have and it was never the same. I still drove it though.

My future wife was looking for a car, and we went to one of those tent sales.
She didn't buy anything, buy I came home with this. It was 3 years old and almost 8K under valued with 31,000 miles. Now it has 111,000 and still runs like it did when I bought it. I did lose the H2O pump yesterday, and will be tackling that this weekend. First major repair besides a slow A/C leak.

Dak II.jpg

Breif history of my previous Chrysler products IV

Still have the R/T, and probably will keep for ever, even though my stepson isn't even remotely interested. Maybe his kids will be.

Due in part to said stepson, and that spell of $4 gas we had, I'm a 75% owner of this. Base model 5 speed 26.5 average MPG and still kind of fun to drive. I've now had a purple Plymouth, a purple Dodge, and a purple Chrysler. I've got some wheels for it as soon as these tires wear out.

Had to sell the Torino after moving it across town. Used money towards house downpayment. Got back what I had in it minus all that storage cost #$%^&*((*&%#$!!

PT.jpg

Breif history of my previous Chrysler products V

So a couple of years ago, The bug bit me back. I started looking on ebay for something, and kind of specifically for a 66 Coronet. When I saw the poor quality pics of the 383 car with A/C and no bids, I knew that was the one.
The pics were just barely clear enough that I could tell it was mostly original and not much rust.

Then later I decided I wanted something from the HIP/slapstick era, and found my 74 sunroof car. That one's gonna be more work. Oddly, it has neither high impact paint nor a slapstick.

I consider these the bookends of the musclecar era.

No offense to 65 and older guys or 75 and up. I'm a big fan of 64s and Volare Roadrunners to name just a couple.

I just built a garage last year and finally have some money to spend on these.

Thanks for indulging me.

It's been quite theraputic.

This forum kicks (can I say *** around here?)

Uh, while I'm thinking about it, how many 66 383 Coronet 440 models have you seen?
I can only say I've seen 4, and only 2 with A/C.
I've seen several (dozens) of 500 models.
For some reason I've seen several 383 2 BBL 67 cars, and about half as many 67 383-4 cars.

Anyone ever seen another 66 440 poly 318 with A/C and P/W?

I'm aware of one 66 440 with a 383, A/C and P/W.

Auto Transport Service
Back