• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GTX "font" info requested.

mguesto

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
I have tried various places to find out what the GTX letters are on my 69.
I would like to get some shirts or other stuff made, and use the correct font.
But all my old books and ads do not tell you what the letters are from.

If anyone has any information that they can share, I would appreciate it.

I can take pictures and scan them in, but then it is really sloppy looking.
I am not a photoshop user who can do this.

Thanks for any info

Matt

Hi Matt,

I also looked for that font but came up empty. I tried using a serif font and "flatten" the letters but that didn't work either. I ended up using an image that I found on the net.

gtxemblem.jpg

I will check, use to have a sign shop, I got 3000 different fonts might take me a lil bit to find it if I got it.

MoparCanuk

that is better than what i found. Used to be thatYEar one used to have GREAT artwork in the catalogs. But
now it is hard to find them.
I have the Plymouth heart and will try and put them both together for a shirt i have in mind.

btw: that avatar you have, the more i see that the more i want to buy one and put it up in my garage showing off the 6 barrel

thanks for your reply.

Matt

gtx

ok, here is what i found. the closest font to your GTX is called serifg. but it still isnt 100% correct. look at the pic below. top one is the font. then i had to go in and modify the font. its close but the thickness and the T still would need work. if i spent another hour on it i can have it 100%. but no one without a sign program is gonna just type this font out. hope this helps...USAROADRUNNER :unitedstates:

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1382801672053.jpg
    ResizedImage_1382801672053.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 251
That's damn close. You'd have to create a vector with the G and the X and "squash" them. Then add the T and thicken the vertical bar in that letter.

I googled serifg but only came up with serif6.

That's damn close. You'd have to create a vector with the G and the X and "squash" them. Then add the T and thicken the vertical bar in that letter.

I googled serifg but only came up with serif6.

actually i just have to scan it in...like i said i can get it 100% just got to spend some time with it. i got the 3 mopar logos and got the six pack logo on the a12 cars and few others. just takes a little time. cant sell them though something about copyright infringement. lol

p.s. check that out 426 on the posts...woo woo!!!!!

Boy, your good with this....
Bernie sent me a larger scan of the letters against a white background. I think i can use that.
I do computer work for a local company that does vehicle wraps and shirts at times.
I will ask them if they can use it.
( they use a program called Flexisign.)
My intention is to have a few shirts made for my 69 GTX. I have the Heart logo and this GTX lettering.
I will add one more item to a design and let them go at it and see how it looks.

I really appreciate your input and identifying the font also.

Matt

ok, here is what i found. the closest font to your GTX is called serifg. but it still isnt 100% correct. look at the pic below. top one is the font. then i had to go in and modify the font. its close but the thickness and the T still would need work. if i spent another hour on it i can have it 100%. but no one without a sign program is gonna just type this font out. hope this helps...USAROADRUNNER :unitedstates:

Boy, your good with this....
Bernie sent me a larger scan of the letters against a white background. I think i can use that.
I do computer work for a local company that does vehicle wraps and shirts at times.
I will ask them if they can use it.
( they use a program called Flexisign.)
My intention is to have a few shirts made for my 69 GTX. I have the Heart logo and this GTX lettering.
I will add one more item to a design and let them go at it and see how it looks.

I really appreciate your input and identifying the font also.

Matt

You've been working on this for a while, I remember giving you a couple heart logos a while back.
Let us see your final design when you get it done.

I love this place, you learn something new everyday...

Will do after I have him add his touches to what I have in mind.
Matt

You've been working on this for a while, I remember giving you a couple heart logos a while back.
Let us see your final design when you get it done.

if he has flexisign, all depends what series he has he should have the same options as mine. i have signlab. he should be able to do it no problem. glad to help and good luck. post pics when you get done.

I would like to see the shirts after you get them done. I also might be interested in buying one since my first restoration is a GTX

not ignoring this thread, but he and his wife are going for a 3 day seminar on making
the shirts. I offered to pay my way ,but the cost is over what i could put out. (500)

So i will wait for them to have their training and get the equipment to go further on this.
I think it is during the next week sometime here in Allentown.

I offered to help them any way i can, with computers or any other way i can.
I will pickup on this later after i learn more on what they intend on doing.

In the meantime, i have learned that i have to convert the JPG file into vector art so it
can be placed for printing. so i have watched a few UTubes on it and will be trying it
on my files so i can be ready.

Matt

Auto Transport Service
Back