• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harley goes electric

If I could make one change, I would swap the black finish on her engine for mine. I think it would make both bikes look better.
The vrod will basically live on in spirit because the new harleys like the pan America and street fighter will have the new generation revolution engines. The xr would have been a perfect bike if they could of shoehorned the 1250 motor from a vrod in it

I heard a V-Rod at Cruisin the Coast 2011 that had the Vance and Hines slip on exhaust. Separate dual pipes on my model, one on each side vs 2 on one side, or the 2 into 1 that they make. I knew right then that I had to have a pair. The stock duals sounded like the bastard child of a lawnmower and a sewing machine.
With the increased flow, and the addition of an Amsoil high performance air filter, I had to have it re-tuned. I chose the TTS Mastertune system. 8 hours at H&D Cycles in Lilian, AL and I had my new MAP. Left with 123 rear wheel horsepower and 86 ft lbs torque, and a bump of 200 RPM to 9,200 redline.

I heard a V-Rod at Cruisin the Coast 2011 that had the Vance and Hines slip on exhaust. Separate dual pipes on my model, one on each side vs 2 on one side, or the 2 into 1 that they make. I knew right then that I had to have a pair. The stock duals sounded like the bastard child of a lawnmower and a sewing machine.
With the increased flow, and the addition of an Amsoil high performance air filter, I had to have it re-tuned. I chose the TTS Mastertune system. 8 hours at H&D Cycles in Lilian, AL and I had my new MAP. Left with 123 rear wheel horsepower and 86 ft lbs torque, and a bump of 200 RPM to 9,200 redline.
On mine I had the k&n airfilter, screaming eagle controller and Vance and Hines slip ons. After my tune I was putting 122 to the floor, I was happy with it. I wish I got the streetrod version instead of the nightrod but I was happy with it, it was a solid bike

I'm going to look at an 08 1200 Roadster this weekend.

Supposed to be king of the Sportsters.

Anyone know off the top what's different?

I can see it has a tach.

I've heard different cam, different brakes, and different suspension.

I can see it has a tach.

Roadster is good(2nd best) but the xr is the king of sportsters, it's a totally different animal, has the most horsepower, oil cooled heads, higher lean angle and best suspension and brakes. But get the roadster, you won't regret it, it's an awesome bike and out of the performance sportsters has the most classic design. The roadster also makes a good cafe racer or scrambler if you want to customize it

Well damn, it looks like all those hipsters waiting for their Electrolux Buells will be disappointed. I wonder if it comes with an outlet for an electric beard trimmer?

On the bright side, there's already a sidecar available!
1080764.jpg

Last edited:

I can see it has a tach.

The newest roadster is even better it's like a mix between the old roadster and the xr1200

it's an 08 with less than 20K miles for $3500!

Today they announced they are recalling all of the ones still in stores and fixing the ones already sold. Something about a "Nonstandard result" in testing. One of the Libtard MSN articles said " Harley's, mostly known for loud irritating pipes and called "Hogs" …..

Even the electric Harleys have problems. I wonder how much they leak?
Wow RC, what a typical dick thing Harley bashers usually say. There is a brotherhood amongst HD owners. It varies, from the real deal hardcore wrench twisting, parts swapping bad boys on one end, who know a lot about all of the different designs through the years (panhead, knucklehead, etc) to the weekend warriors who spend the week in boardrooms, and then the wide swath of HD owners in between. Still, there is a "family" that one is usually readily welcomed in to that comes with ownership and appreciation of ALL that being a HD owner brings.
If HD didn't make the V-Rod, I nor my wife would be HD owners. Then again, those same hardcore guys look upon the V-Rod in some cases as a bastardization of HD. I say that the technology that comes from taking a world class circa 1999 superbike race engine, teaming up with Porche to make that engine reliable, streetable, and not cost $20k, and putting it in a "modern" looking frame (first steel frame to use hydro forming technology) is THE reason why the emotional choice I made also gives my logical mind and appreciation for the engineering and design of the V-Rod satisfaction as well.
You know I like you, but I don't like the way "outsiders" bash HD. If I had to have a motorcycle other than my HD, which is perfect for me, it would be a Ducati. Still a V design, truly top of the line engineering and performance, capable of doing 200 mph, and Italian, like my heritage, and not "just another Japanese motorcycle". I would get on that Ducati, get on a twisty road or highway, drive it beyond my skills to ride, and inevitably kill myself.
So there's another reason why the most powerful factory stock HD is perfect for me. Reliable, beautiful, I'm in the "brotherhood", and it is relatively fast, but not so fast that I'm guaranteed to die riding it.
And it DOESN'T LEAK.

I wouldn't handle a motorcycle that goes skyward very well, and my V-Rod is not likely to do that, especially with me riding it. The one time I hit the throttle hard at the starting line, I wound up 180 degrees facing the starting line within about two bike lengths, but luckily I didn't drop it or crash. Now that I have my Roadrunner, my drag strip days on the V-Rod are over. At my age I don't heal quickly, and if I don't go to work, my business closes. Still, the bike is capable of 11s, but the best I could manage was 12.16

This was one of my best trips with the knee draggers I used to ride with. Go to 7:15 for one of the 100+mph legs of that trip...

Biomedtechguy, you don't get it, do you?
You act as if it was a personal comment. Its just a motorcycle.
It it being a Dick when a Ford guy cracks wise about a Chevy? No, it's banter between car guys.
Same as when the hd guys make jokes about "rice burners". When they do I just point out the foreign content on their Murican made bikes.
I get asked how many gallons of olive oil my gas tank holds and other stuff. Its all in fun.
And that HD brotherhood is all manufactured.
We are all motorcyclists no matter what we ride. And we are car guys and gals no matter what we ride.
Lighten up and enjoy the ride.

I grew up in a biker family with 30 + Harley's and Indians all over the driveways and yards every day. They did indeed leak back in the day. So much so that it became part of the American lexicon of idioms. They don't leak much today but the saying is still around. No big deal.

I grew up in a biker family with 30 + Harley's and Indians all over the driveways and yards every day. They did indeed leak back in the day. So much so that it became part of the American lexicon of idioms. They don't leak much today but the saying is still around. No big deal.

I own two . If they dont leak , theres something wrong.

Auto Transport Service
Back