• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harley goes electric

Agree. I always disliked going into the dealers, too many wanna be bad guys hanging around and posing. All my bikes, except the last one, were bought from other riders or smaller shops that were in the life. That was one thing about my Dad that drew other guys to him and his bunch, he was a straight up biker and a good family man. No BS about him at all, and no posing. He liked to say, when he was trying to be funny, "I'm like Popeye, I yam what I yam." If ya didn't care for him, that was okay. He didn't hold it against you. But, if you were friends and you fucked him over....you had better be planning a one way trip to the other side of the Moon. Those men I grew up around were the best guys I ever knew. They had to be, for my Dad to let them influence his 5 boys and one daughter. Solid citizens.

My Dad, Carl, circa 1950..on one of his many Harley's. Think it was a 1950-51 Hydra-Glide panhead...74ci

View attachment 851001View attachment 851017This the house I grew up in, although it looked nothing like this then...lol.
Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures.
I figured you had a good dad by the way you seem to have turned out.

Here's a pic of my next to last one...

bgv (2).png

And...lol, in case anyone thinks I took a pic of another mans bike....
The last pic is of my last bike...AFTER I recovered from the blue and black '08 trying to kill me...lol.

547102_194821373973663_1636904375_n.jpg
untitled.pngnm,.png
me.jpg

It's a brand new 2012 Heritage Classic black and white.

Travis Pastrami is planning a replica of one of Evel Knievel's more famous jumps ....I found a picture of his planned trajectory....

upload_2020-3-29_20-17-39.png

However, this is his likely trajectory on an Electric Motorcycle.....

upload_2020-3-29_20-18-31.png

:rolleyes:

Has anyone seen one of these yet? Harley was supposed to be selling them a few months ago, but maybe the start of the fall season wasn't the best launch time.
960x0.jpg

While a 3 second 0-60 time seems like a blast, not being a bike rider means that I don't know how that compares to a regular bike. I imagine that people who don't ride in winter would have less storage maintenance to worry about.

However, at the other end of the spectrum at about the $700 mark, Harley make these little electric "IRONe Balance Bikes" for kids. They actually look like they could be affordable fun.
Harley-IronE-Header.jpg

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/motorcycles/electric/electric-balance-bikes.html

Auto Transport Service
Back