• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anybody seen headers like this?

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
They look more like tubular exhaust manifolds. Just for curiosity, who makes them?

00k0k_h8bHGMRpSoG_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

Those look to me like tri-y schumacher's. Rumor i heard, is that Schumacher is out of business, but that his headers were made by TTI. I dont know if that is true.

Looks like Schumacher. I installed a set on my '68 Dart with a 440 and power steering. I really liked them. The 440 came out of my Charger that had 1 7/8" TTI headers. Both were just mild street cars, I couldn't tell any difference in performance between the 2.

https://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsType/BRB_Headers.html

IMG_0005.JPG

Last edited:
Those look to be Schumacher Tri-Y headers that have been modified. It looks like the collector has been extended a few inches.

Those look to be Schumacher Tri-Y headers that have been modified. It looks like the collector has been extended a few inches.

I thought it looked funny, I made my own head pipes and don’t remember them hanging that low

I thought it looked funny, I made my own head pipes and don’t remember them hanging that low
Was that an automatic om manual?

Memory check for ya'......
How was the plug changing chore on 6 & 7?

TriY passenger side.....

upload_2020-10-26_7-59-30.png

#7 plug access kind'a sucks on the driver side. I couldn't get a 6 point on it at all. A 12 point goes though. Then too, the steering I'm thinking is gonna' be an issue. I see on the site there is a mod required to clear the stock clutch setup....

upload_2020-10-26_8-4-27.png

I though the passenger side of a tri-y was supposed to be 2&4 connected, and then 6&8 connected into "Y"s?

Was that an automatic om manual?

Memory check for ya'......
How was the plug changing chore on 6 & 7?

TriY passenger side.....

View attachment 1018965

#7 plug access kind'a sucks on the driver side. I couldn't get a 6 point on it at all. A 12 point goes though. Then too, the steering I'm thinking is gonna' be an issue. I see on the site there is a mod required to clear the stock clutch setup....

View attachment 1018970

It was an automatic, I'll post some pics tomorrow if I can find them.

My 440 had Edelbrock RPM heads and I don't remember any hard to reach plugs, but I do have a bad memory.

The pipe on the drivers side was closer than 1/4" to the power steering gearbox, so I did use a heat shield there.

Last edited:
Here’s pics of how close the pipes were to the power steering box in my ‘68 Dart. And pics of my head pipes.

D6760EE0-CF06-4DEC-9D17-1CA13AFEBA75.jpeg 60E8C752-AF18-4947-937F-1CE8B5A97827.jpeg A8385FCB-D897-4289-8F88-8B0AD75B96B9.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back