• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone here used a 69 Camaro spoiler on their 68-70 Charger?

If I'm not mistaken. Back in the day. Chin spoilers were available through the Direction Catalog for the 2nd generation chargers. But I haven't been able to find a original or reproduction one to buy. So I bought the cheap camaro one and haven't bolted it on yet.. As for it sagging ! I'm not bracing mine as they are cheap and if I break it. It's a cheap replacement. And braces might damage other parts of the car. And another plus is that it hides the k- frame and anti sway bar. Just my opinion.

I know this is an old thread, but other than the support rods, did the chin spoiler mount to existing holes on the car or did you drill new holes to make it fit? I really like the way this looks.

I repurposed three holes already punched in the valance panel. The1970 has oval holes as a seen in this spare:

9A53C59C-79BD-4292-BC4E-8310AD36F4F6.jpeg
E0FFD090-24D3-452B-A181-086B6B15C1B8.jpeg

I made sheet metal washers and used those existing oval holes.

B9674D96-DB29-4502-977A-9B6FD42935B3.jpeg

536C4F05-837D-4D21-95DB-1F8756F1FF7F.jpeg

32707F5A-A20D-4F99-8AF0-8EBBF535E06A.jpeg

I did put a screw in the outer corners.

A6F49E9E-7BEC-4220-8BAA-359B4F0B4ED1.jpeg

You can see the small brace I have on the ends.

EC37FDAD-3ADD-416E-9A4E-68C8FC55406E.jpeg

This was all low tech.
Hey… this was 12 years ago, right?
Today I’d make a different brace at the end but these simple ones are still in place. I think they are 3/8” fuel line. I don’t remember.

I guess you REALLy dont care for anything other than a total stock car?
R E A L L Y?
Are you this way with your women too? Armpit hair is natural. Does your woman retain all of hers?
Weeds in the yard are natural. Do you let them grow wild without removing them?
You mentioned that I display my immaturity in my posts, but what do you think that others may glean from YOURS? It appears that you come across as an intolerant, narrow minded purist who points and insults whoever you want from the safety of your home. Do you do anything other than sit at the computer all day, waiting for the opportunity to criticize someones modifications? maybe a nice looking guy in a red Charger once stole your woman or beat you in a race and you can't get past it.
Continue to drive in the slow lane at 55 with your stock engine and drum brakes while those with an innovative spirit pass you by.

easy dog...LOL

The guy was a jerk. He followed me around just to piss on stuff that I posted. He would never have spoken to me face to face the way he did online. Several of his comments were edited out so you didn’t see the whole thing.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your installation pics, Kern Dog. I bought one of these for my Charger. It's still in body & paint and I'm having mine painted body color (Jet Green Metallic). I couldn't care less what make of car it's intended for; I just like that it looks and fits good, hides the torsion bar, may improve aerodynamics by flowing less air beneath the front end and causing lift, and improve cooling by forcing some air up into the radiator...and it's very inexpensive, to boot! To NOT install it would certainly favor the purists, but for all the logical reasons, it seems like a no-brainer to install it. :)

I like a bit of a rake to the car so maybe there is some aero advantage?
I'm not sure. I did it for appearances.....

Bad mu fu (2).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back