• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Head rest for 1966 with bucket seats

The pic above is mine (the one redbeard posted) I do have one more set left of those headrests if anyone is interested. Not sure what they are off of but they are dark blue. Can dye any color. You will have to modify them with a donor set of posts from another junk set of headrests…..that and a welder and piece of steel is all you need per headrest. Easy peasy…….once installed, they look awesome and most won’t even know they are not the expensive originals….. I also aH e a set of originals but not sure on selling yet. They are super expensive. And Rare.
Yeah almost went that way but decided to be patient and keep looking for originals. Luckily found a set. However, I have some extra headrests if someone wants to do a project with Suregrip391's parts.

Kept looking for a long time for hi-back buckets for my '63 and a lot of what looked interesting, modern seats, were too narrow. The seats from the era had wide seat pans and could be my timing was bad to find what I was looking for. My seats were refurbished as it was before getting the idea to add rests on those. Later, I sold the oem console and restored a console out of a Lincoln I bought at a swap meet for 10 bucks, wanting cup holders and less ash trays, now I only have 3 ash trays left, lol. Gave me an arm rest, extra storage, turn signals, headlight indicator, and two more gauges.

This is a photo of what I'll be trying to achieve when I finally get back on to it. I might end up custom making them - I could pick up a couple of modern headrests for about $20 from the scrap yard and then widen/lower them as required.
Headrests.jpg

Those look great. Good luck.

This is a photo of what I'll be trying to achieve when I finally get back on to it. I might end up custom making them - I could pick up a couple of modern headrests for about $20 from the scrap yard and then widen/lower them as required.
View attachment 1541213
Yeah, shape to fit and then cover with matching upholstery fabric.

View attachment 1541213
PM me if you find a head rest that fits the 66 seat . I could live with the ones pictured.
As I have a feeling finding OE headrests will be tough , especially in the metallic red I need

PM me if you find a head rest that fits the 66 seat . I could live with the ones pictured.
As I have a feeling finding OE headrests will be tough , especially in the metallic red I need
Does your seat have the accommodations for headrests? Or?

I am out of town this week.

Will pull the seat back off this weekend and ck.
K. If you do measure the distance between the holes for the headrest posts. There are more than one size.

Auto Transport Service
Back