• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner bows and clips.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
Working on this 71 Satellite nothing was in the car and I need to see how and what type of headliner clips are used. The ones that were purchased dont seem to be what is needed. The ones purchased are the slip on kind that 66-70 use. I see a few triple holed areas where it looks like headliner clips should go. Is that correct and if so can anyone point me to the right style of clip to use? Anyone have a picture of the bow clips still in a car?

This was the style purchased..
F198653261.jpg
40C5462F-35D2-452A-AB0A-382E5FB085F3.jpeg A29A8FBC-A627-4A21-83C6-0AF9472D3B02.jpeg D046EC00-81D3-4EAC-B150-F30A94F69D40.jpeg 06AC38F2-746B-4710-A1C0-EC2A599C9716.jpeg 8BEAFE39-5F76-4065-BCE1-60C2B2B48844.jpeg

Clips are not used in 1971 and later. The bows ends are bent so they fir into holes on the roof rail. You should see 6 sets of 3 holes in a triangular arrangement. If you don't have the bows, I have a set of 6 for sale. Asking $50 +shipping. I'll try to find pics to illustrate how they are installed.

I have the bows and was just out checking the holes. But now need to know the color layout from front to back. One has one green end,one purple end another has a green end and an orange end. The last one in the back is pretty easy to figure out.

Mine are marked front to back as red, orange, yellow, light blue, dark blue, white.

Mine are marked front to back as red, orange, yellow, light blue, dark blue, white.
Thanks I will check ... I will pull them out and check the colors. I didnt see any of the colors you speak of. One was lavender colored but only on one end. Another Orange but only on one end I will check them all again Thanks for the help. The FSM doesn't speak of these in much detail.

Clips are not used in 1971 and later. The bows ends are bent so they fir into holes on the roof rail. You should see 6 sets of 3 holes in a triangular arrangement. If you don't have the bows, I have a set of 6 for sale. Asking $50 +shipping. I'll try to find pics to illustrate how they are installed.

my car got some clips... i think 3 or 4 on each side. Not exactly to the ones pictured thought

The pocket clips are for 70 and older.
Bows go deepest in the rear and go shallow going forward.. The shallowest is in front.

My 73 has three or four clips on each side, do look different than the ones in your pic.....

Have three 73-4 that don't have the clips along with several more in the past that didn't.

After rereading BeepBeeps original post I think I got confused. I was talking about the small C clips used along the sides to secure the headliner to the outer roof edge, which appear to be those in the pics he posted. But it does sound like he is referring to the seat belt clips attached to side roof .....I dunno....

these are the ones ( or allmost the same, maybe more "squared" )on mine

Headliner-Clips-1.jpg

FOR HEALINER ITSELF, not the bows. As mentioned, the bows snap on into the tringular disposed holes

A very important set of wires are the two that attached to the top of the rear roof that clip to the last bow. when installed they hold the last bow in the correct position so ONE person can put your head liner in. I did it.

Auto Transport Service
Back