• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heard a low pitched not happy sound

68 HEMI GTS

Local time
3:24 PM
Reaction score
IMG_1538.jpeg
IMG_1540.jpeg
IMG_1541.jpeg
IMG_1549.jpeg
IMG_1551.jpeg
Wasn’t positive where it was coming from but thought it was trans related. It was. Probably the convertor hub being cocked in the bushing. Lol

That didn’t make a sound
Crazy. I had the slap when I started her last year. One bolt backed out and sitting 3 others lose so I got lucky but after reinstall thread locker on bolts. Looks like you know what your doing and good luck brother

Looks like it was made of ceramic or pot metal.

Well, cracked/broken flex plate tabs & the 727 apart... No better time then now to hang that empty case back on the block and measure the crank runout in relation to the case...

100% Agree on comment #10. Check runout on crank to TC centerlines. Have seen a lot of issues with both TF’s and 833’s come from misalignment. Seems to be one of the things we, as hobbyists, most often overlook. This, and pinion angle when swapping a rear, are things I never thought of years ago when junkyard parts were cheap and readily available.

Well, cracked/broken flex plate tabs & the 727 apart... No better time then now to hang that empty case back on the block and measure the crank runout in relation to the case...
Mine last one was .012" out of concentricity. I used RobbMc dowls to relocate.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back