• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hellcat test drive

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
My buddy stopped over this morning with his month old Phantom black Hellcat and thought I would enjoy taking it out for a spin. Got to say it put a smile on my face. There is absolutely no comparison between this power and my 525 hp 1969 cars. He has 1279 miles on the car and has an appointment tomorrow for new rear tires lol. Good thing he bought the optional 7 year bumper to bumper warranty imo. It just shreads the tires at will. You can be going 30 mph, step on it, and they break loose. I predict there will be a quite a few accidents caused by drivers not familiar with this much power.

IMG_20150929_093632425_HDR.jpgIMG_20150929_093653485_HDR.jpgIMG_20150929_095015038_HDR.jpgIMG_20150929_095029483_HDR.jpgIMG_20150929_095049090_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
now Joel, you've been at FBBO long enough...no video, no happen! lol

now Joel, you've been at FBBO long enough...no video, no happen! lol

I think I was shaking too bad after the ride to get a quality video for you Mario lol. Those things are a blast, if any of you get a chance you have to drive one. I always said I would buy one with a manual tranny, but now I don't know if a guy could shift it fast enough.

Haven't driven one yet but can imagine what it's like to light em up at 30 mph. Several years ago I was letting my wife get familiar with a 71 Duster drag car and she broke the tires loose when doing about 30 in 2nd gear. I was just squatted on the passenger side holding onto the roll bar and had to ask her if she was going to back out of it before it went completely sideways because it was going to come around if she didn't. A short while after that, I clicked off a 9.95 with it. It's just unreal for a factory car to be able to run those kind of times with a few mods.....

Got to say it put a smile on my face. There is absolutely no comparison between this power and my 525 hp 1969 cars.

I got to say, I really love mine for the same reasons. All that power on tap just brings a smile to your face.

I predict there will be a quite a few accidents caused by drivers not familiar with this much power.

Unfortunately, like this....

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/hell...ms-while-drifting-into-a-custom-impala.11812/

I'll bet the insurance industry loves these.

I have one that's replacing my 09 srt8. It is indeed a smile maker. Both are man. trans. and the difference is more then I expected.
The hellcat pulls hard in all gears like the 09 pulls in the first two. It makes most roads very short. At 160 on a nice road it feels like 80.
As for people wrecking them?--Some folks may not be ready for the red key.:eek:
These cars don't crash themselves.

Cool test ride, I want one too, not in the cards right now thou...

Low performance drivers & high performance cars = bad f--k-ups

They are nice. My dealer called me and said they had 2 available at cost. I have the 08 Hemi orange and I can't bring myself tomselll it and get a hellcat. I never even drive the 08 but it has always been garaged and is my baby. I guess I am finally trying to act like a mature adult and stop buying **** every time I see it. The truth is I am dept free and am thinking of buying in Daytona, do I really need a new helcat. Yes, but I am trying to stop myself.

Dropped into Chapman Dodge in Vegas today, they have a blue Hellcat in stock....sticker is over $100k!!

It was locked. And yes, no test drives. Edit: Apologies for upside down pic, iPhone to blame.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll bet the insurance industry loves these.

Chapman have sold a red one, the sales guy told me it was wrecked on the way home from the dealers. That makes two, we've seen pics of the wrecked green one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 152
100 grand....pa-lease! It took me a year to get mine, but at least I paid sticker for it.

Sweet high powered cars - but if I was going to spend that kind of money I'd just buy a Maserati. I love the lines on the mas and their sport/luxury style. Don't know anything about their power or reliability.

I wish I had a friend that had a Hellcat. Would love to drive one too. Thx for the cool pics.

Auto Transport Service
Back