• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello, Dana from Minnesota. New to Mopars. Purchased a 68 Charger this summer.

danab

Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
The car is a base charger 383 auto PS and manual drum brakes.
I have put on Wilwood 4 piston disc brakes on the front and I am not happy with the braking performance. I still have the stock master cylinder on the car and I am thinking I want to add power brake system. Will a new stock power brake booster and master cylinder work for me? How about proportioning valves?
I

Hi Dana,
Cool car!
Welcome aboard and thanks for joining the forum!

I put a set-up on my 70 Superbee
I purchased a kit for Master Power (?) Brakes I think.
Yes: everything WAS inclusive.
BUT: They provide you with a GM Style Brake Booster set-up.

Sure, you have to route and bend your own brake lines to the Master Cylinder and hook up to the Proportioning Valve etc.
1/2 Afternoon setting it up etc.

I hope the PICS help
Yes: The True Mopar Bendix Style from Ram Man (Texas) and some other company I cant remember the name are BLACK in color

IF I ever do it again, I'll get a Ram Man booster (Original Bendix type) or this other company (cheaper) but the Same Bendix style

Attachments

• P1010006.jpg
    P1010006.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 151
  • P1010042.jpg
    P1010042.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 136
I don't see why not. Maybe some of the brake experts can chime in. Power front disc (even stock) is pretty good in my opinion + you already have upgraded calipers. As you know, the 4 drum manual systems take about a mile to slow down.

When you upgrade your brakes upgrade your master as well. Power vs manual brakes. Personally I prefer a 4 wheel manual disc brake set up. Brakes the same as power brakes but you know your pedal feel and know it'll always stop. And you don't have that ugly booster in your engine bay. Your mistake was that you slapped a performance front disc brake kit and changed nothing else.

I upgraded my front drums to power as well. I also upgraded the master cylinder the same time with a power booster. My set up looks similar to the pic above from the bee. I can't imagine you putting the front discs on and getting anything significant with the stock master cylinder. I'd be afraid to drive the car that way. I'm not even super happy with my set up with all the goodies attached. Just okay.

a shout out from MY VAN....down by tha RIVER!

by the way where is the pic's of this car? its a requirement here :)

dana here too.

Welcome to FBBO

love them 68's

Hi Dana,
Cool car!
Welcome aboard and thanks for joining the forum!

I put a set-up on my 70 Superbee
I purchased a kit for Master Power (?) Brakes I think.
Yes: everything WAS inclusive.
BUT: They provide you with a GM Style Brake Booster set-up.

Sure, you have to route and bend your own brake lines to the Master Cylinder and hook up to the Proportioning Valve etc.
1/2 Afternoon setting it up etc.

I hope the PICS help
Yes: The True Mopar Bendix Style from Ram Man (Texas) and some other company I cant remember the name are BLACK in color

IF I ever do it again, I'll get a Ram Man booster (Original Bendix type) or this other company (cheaper) but the Same Bendix style

That screams Horsepower......sweeeeeeet!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back