• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help ID crank shafts

I buy and sell Redwing crocks based on the "ring" test. Pick one up and hit it with a knuckle and it will ring. If it goes "thunk", there is a crack. Sometimes it takes a lot of looking, but in the end, the crack is there.

One should be able to expect it is useable. Why waste people's time and damage your reputation by selling something without knowing what you are selling?

The window sticker of my 66 Charger reads: "standard cam" which is 325 horse, never heard of 330 horse until Magnums came along. But, I learn a lot here and it wouldn't be the first time.
I Might be off, I thought it was 330 for the high performance, and 335 for the “magnum” starting in 68. Could have just been urban legend, like the 426 hemi only having 426hp

@sam dupont I tapped all the weights, and anything else I could think of, and it has the beautiful forged ring sound to it, I think all it needs is a good home and visit to the machine shop, and it’ll make someone’s 383 very happy

I always wondered why they bothered to state: 383 "standard cam", on the sticker if that was the only option. The more knowledgable here will eventually educate us.

It's like having 6 people in the Cash Cab, fact and fiction will soon be separated

There was the 383 2bbl, and the 383 hp as far as I know

The 440 had 3 different cams, the 4bbl non hp 350 hp. The hp 375hp. And the 6 pack 375hp

IIRCC in 1970 the 383 had 3 cams available, the 2 bbl, the 330 HP and the 335 HP version. I don't know what the difference is between the 330 and 335 HP is.

Auto Transport Service
Back