• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identify driveshaft yoke and problems!! 67 coronet 904

this is great info, i appreciate the input and your time.
i ran across another 904 yoke, splined the entire length and measures 7" or so... im going to try both and shove in my trans see what i like better or fits better if any difference at all. then measure and make new driveshaft. my "mopar expert" friend states the driveshaft is not as short as you think, that from factory it would have a dust shield boot over the tailshaft and you would only see 1" or so shiny and about 2" under the boot. he said he wouldnt go more than 1" longer on a shaft?? thoughts? im getting way to many answers in different directions on this now...
I gave you the info from the factory parts manual, including the length. 56.17".

so after further investigating i put a 904 yoke i got in the trans, all way in bottomed out, pulled out to 1" then measured my center to center for new drive shaft length and came at 57". thats with 1" shiny showing...

Is that the yoke your going to use? I measured a driveshaft I had in my car, needed a longer one. So I added how much longer needed. Well get the new driveshaft and the u-joint C to C perfect. In the car was 1" of forward clearance not the 1.5" I expected. The yoke was was longer between u-joint to snout. A word of caution that's all.

The un-splined area at the front of the slip yoke is to accommodate an output shaft seal that was used on some early models.

Auto Transport Service
Back