• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identifying parts

Flyboy1400

Local time
11:59 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone help identify these parts? Years later I'm still sorting through boxes of parts from a rolling shell that I bought thinking it would be a quick and easy project.
:lol:
They are possibly off of a 66 satellite or 68 new yorker engine.

20230423_170626~2.jpg
20230423_165328~2.jpg
20230423_164711~2.jpg

I don't see anything for a 1966 Satellite that I recognize.
#4 are just bunjee cord hooks.

#1 is an alternator bracket, #2 a heater box strap and #3 a pedal bracket to steering column brace. #6 a heater hose bracket for the alternator location.

1-Alternator adjusting bracket

7-A/C Compressor brace
8-AC Compressor bracket

Most are from the Chrysler w/AC. And of course the 2 "S' hooks from tarp strap.

The 'S' hooks come in handy for hanging things from something like a wire for paint. Have a few loooong ones that I hang from the support beams from my carport but if I have several small parts to paint, I'll string out a tight wire and use the short S hooks. Looks like every one has the parts nailed.....

I'm always amazed by the wealth of knowledge in this community, thanks guys! Any ideas on #5? It's stamped aluminum, one bolt hole, I'm thinking some kind of heat shield maybe?

I'm always amazed by the wealth of knowledge in this community, thanks guys! Any ideas on #5? It's stamped aluminum, one bolt hole, I'm thinking some kind of heat shield maybe?
Looks like a broken ear off an intake manifold that someone ran some weld beads on.

Looks like a broken ear off an intake manifold that someone ran some weld beads on.
It does look like that, but it's thin material though, like sheet metal but aluminum. What looks like a thick edge in the picture is a 90° lip.
In other words "Scrap"
It may well be scrap...just want to be sure so I don't chuck something potentially useful.

I believe #10 is an AC bracket. ruffcut

Auto Transport Service
Back