• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help

Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Will 1968 rear frame rails from a b body work on a 1967 dodge coronet as you see back bumper gone and only way to secure bumper is to replace rear frame rails and I am doing a full restoration on car and the no way in hell I gonna settle for rail caps

image000000.jpeg

Sherman ones say 68 to 70 So I would assume 66/67 are different. Its odd though the frame rail caps say 66 to 70.. So Who knows maybe they will work.

68 have a different fuel tank mounting. I just posted a nice 67 Coronet set for $250.

Will 1968 rear frame rails from a b body work on a 1967 dodge coronet as you see back bumper gone and only way to secure bumper is to replace rear frame rails and I am doing a full restoration on car and the no way in hell I gonna settle for rail caps

View attachment 1475764
I've found that 66-67 coronets are on their own (mine is 66). You might be able to use 66-67 satellite stuff in some cases, maybe.

Well...there it is then, so much for that.
Well actually I could be wrong. I was told the frame rails would not fit a Plymouth because of a different wheelbase but internet says both are 116". I dunno..........

Well actually I could be wrong. I was told the frame rails would not fit a Plymouth because of a different wheelbase but internet says both are 116". I dunno..........
So there is a difference between Dodge and Plymouth, but may not be the wheelbase. See the FBBO thread below. Also the part numbers for Dodge and Plymouth are different so I am quite certain Dodge and Plymouth rear rails are different.

A question about frame dimensions Dodge vs Plymouth

Here is a side by side comparison between a '70 b body (on the left) and '66 (on the right). There are a few minor differences (holes) but I think they are basically the same due to 66-70 b bodies being the same platform. You can cut and section a piece in if need be, that's what I did on the '70. I hope this helps.
363890744_1460083334739989_8846916477476414714_n.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back