• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey All

The Rebel

Local time
10:58 AM
Reaction score
Just joined as for some time I've always wanted a muscle car as a lot of my buddies had them in when we were in HS (Camaros, Barracudas, GTOs....). I graduated in 88.

I've just begun my research to see what I need to learn before I pull the trigger.

I'm interested in a 69 Charger, 383-4, Standard (or Automatic) in good shape but not showroom quality. I've seen prices all over the place ($20K+) on a ton of websites but not really sure what is really reasonable. My guess is a private seller would be cheaper than buying from a muscle car dealership.

Would love to get a Gen. Lee version but they seem like they go for like $40K+.

I've driven standard only a few times in my life but to me it would seem pretty fun to drive it as a standard to get that race car feel rather than manual.

Thanks in advance,
Roger

Last edited:
Welcome to the best site on the net for b bodies. Good luck finding your dream car - have patience. They're out there.

Welcome to the site. Like GetX'd said they're out there. Learn what you can off this site. Ask questions, the guys here are extremely knowledgable! I actually noticed the cars for sale on this site tend to be cheaper than I assumed was the going price.

Welcome and good luck on your search.

Standard and manual are the same, your meaning standard and automatic:thumbsup:.

Drove mine as a auto for the first year then switched to a standard, autos are fun if you've got a shift kit in them but standards are a blast!!! Keep shopping, deals are out there. My 69 cost me $3,500 but needed a fair amount of work. Biggest thing to look at is how complete it is, a good grill will break the bank or even a good seat can set you back $300. Good luck.

Welcome aboard for sure! As previously stated, be patient and put the word out what your looking for. They are out there! BTW my 69 has an automatic and a shift kit and it's good! But I've driven standards a lot in my time and they can be a ton of fun too. IMO, I'd find a car that you can pull the trigger on and not care about the transmission. You can always do something with it later! Good luck!

Welcome to the best site on the net for b bodies. Good luck finding your dream car - have patience. They're out there.

Took me three years of hard looking. Finally found it 2 hours away.

Good luck with your search.

Welcome to FBBO

maybe also check out the sister sites too -For A, C, E Bodies Only- too
even the Plymouth Roadrunner forum another of the assoc. sites

Auto Transport Service
Back