• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi all!

aaqar2

Local time
8:43 PM
Reaction score
Like to say thanks for the site, really well oganized and easy to navigate, look forward to spending some time in here, I ain't a wiz, but I contribute when I can.
I'm currently knee deep in a 64 Dodge 440 2 door hardtop, a no frills, 64K numbers matching all original factory black car, red bench seat interior, no PS, no AC, no PB, 426 Wedge 4 speed.
Oh, I'm down here in the ATL.

Well, well, well,. just talked to a local Mopar guru I know and it seems the 426 street wedge wasn't available in 64, not the street wedge anyway, and I'm sure it's not a Maxi.

Last edited:
I just found a site that lists a 64 Dodge as available with a 426 wedge single four barrel, 375 HP and 465 LBTQ at 5600 rpm. Anyone know for sure if this was an option, driving Me crazy trying to verify a singe 4 barrel 426 in a 64 Dodge.
The lady I just bought this car from swears her brother, who owned the car and bought it second hand in 1966 from the original dealership it was sold from, is a 426 car.

Welcome!

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

I'll see if I can find my books. But I bet someone else comes up with the answer before I find them

i bought my 64 fury convert from the orig. owner back in 1968 ...62 k on the car and yes it was a factory 426 street motor... by the wy that car cost me $ 275.00

if your car is numbers matching ...what is the question? if the motor matches the #s and it is a 426... i think that pretty much says that it was made...did you verify the motor stampings ? just to the drivers side of the dist. is a flat machined surface on the block the motor size is stamped there....it may be 426 or 42 or 26...all means the same

Auto Transport Service
Back