• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley Monopoly

padam

Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
Part of the problem with allowing a corporation like Holley to buy up the competition.

I put a very nice Mallory fuel filter on my car 25 years ago. Now that Holley owns Mallory the replacement element is $50. I always mean to cross reference it but always forget until the day I need it.

IMG_1946.jpeg
IMG_1959.png

Pretty good chance neither company makes that filter. Track down a parts store, filter supplier etc and go through the back sections of the filter book. Not the computer on the parts counter, a book. There will be pictures for reference of style to mate up with dimensions and filter specs. Filter specs, along with dimensions, should show micron filtering capacity. Get a minimum of 10 microns. Wix, Fram, Baldwin, Donaldson, AC Delco, Motorcraft, Purolator, Parker[ hydraulics] etc. Years back in my store days, I was using a Fram HPG1 fuel filter[ chrome can one]. 10 micron rating filter. Using the dimensions, I found filter for hydraulic use that went to 5 micron. Fram made it, filtered better and was less money. There may also be a part number on the old element that can be cross referenced.

Auto Transport Service
Back